Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Great Outdoors

Someone taking a BIG CHANCE!!!

12 posts in this topic

I think I made a mistake plowing the Van Vac landing down to the lake a few days ago!! blush.gif

Checked it tonight, and it appears that someone has driven a 4 wheel drive vehicle out about 150 feet and cleared a 30 X 30 area.

Do not know what they used as it doesn't look to have been plowed, but it may have been.

Didn't think there was anyone that foolish, but stand corrected. frown.gif

Well, it certainly wasn't me dude, I assure you!!!! I guess a 4 wheeler falling through there 2 weeks ago just wasn't enough!! Being the first to get a fish house out on the lake isn't worth losing your life over. That isn't your fault someone drove out on the lake!!!!

Talk to you soon,

Justin

I know it isn't my fault, but a vehicle would never have made it down to the lake and back without the road being plowed.

I had a bit of trouble opening it with my truck and 500 lbs of sand in the back, because the snowmobiles had run on there packing it down.

The tracks were far apart and looked like those from a full size vehicle.

On a lighter note, stop in tomorrow morning and we'll plan the attack on Burntside from the Top Secret Landing! smile.gif

I've been checking out the weather, and think life will be good for the opener. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Any reprots on ice/slush/snow conditions off of the landing? Is it tough going off of the landing (for an ATV or walking I am talking about) with the slush/snow conditions?

Any ideas about ice thickness (crank auger or power auger)?

Thanks for any info!

The slush seems to be setting up, somewhat, but the snowmobile tracks off the landing say different.

Talked to the guy who cleared the area I mentioned earlier in this post.

Said there is 12 inches where he has been fishing, 150 feet off the landing. This area had a hole earlier in the week that added about 4 inches of water that froze.

This could explain the thicker ice.

I do not believe there are many, if any other places on Burntside that have this much.

8 inches where I checked last Monday, and it was not hard ice.

Will recon it early next week and report back.

Thank you for the reports, you are a good man. I am beginning to think that half of what JustinG and stfcatfish say about you isn't true. grin.gif

Casey,

I cannot believe that you put me in the same boat as stfcatfish!!!! tongue.gif Anyways, Most of what Steve and I say about the "Old Fart Stickleback Salesman" is for the most part accurate information. Hey, where is Steve Foss anyways??

Justin

I'm just laying here in the weeds waiting for you guys to say something utterly stupid so I can leap out and slam the door on you. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Uh, casey, which half? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Been wondering the same thing!!!

Are you on the left or the right of the trail??? grin.gif

caseymcq,

You Sir, are correct!!!! laugh.gif

Pay no attention to JustinG and his complaint that you consider he and stfcatfish to both be vermin! grin.gifgrin.gif

IMHO, they are! smile.gif

Wanderer, I might be on either side. I might step into the trail now and then and dare a person to see me. I might even be in a tree overhanging the trail or perched up on a nearby escarpment glassing the trail.

I.

Might.

Be.

ANYWHERE! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Uh, casey, which half?
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Take your pick grin.gif