Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fulldraw

Bowhunter Education Class

7 posts in this topic

There will be a Bowhunter Education Class offer at Swift County Archers in Beneson, MN on January 26th at 8:00 AM. If anyone is interested please contact me at tegenes@charter.net

My wife and I are already signed up!!! smile.gif

For anyone that thinks they may hunt a western state in the upcoming years, take the class. More states are requiring actual bowhunter education rather than just your hunters safety card. Hate to have an opportunity to hunt out west and then realize you cant because you dont have the class.

Plus, no matter how many years you've hunted, its a good review and you learn a few interesting, new things along the way.

Quote:

Plus, no matter how many years you've hunted, its a good review and you learn a few interesting, new things along the way.

Only time will tell if thats true. I know I'm not wild about spending a whole day learning about something that I've been doing for 25 years but like you said, its required in some states. In my case, I'm looking at doing a bowhunt in SoDak.

It's not painful at all. Basically a field trip away from the office for a day that grants you permission to bowhunt out of state. Nice chance to meet fellow bowhunters and instructors who share the same passion. Have fun.

Not just western states. Most states require proof of a Hunter Education Course to obtain a license. (Even residents of MN born after 1979)

The IHEA (international hunter education association) has a complete list of hunter education requirements for all states, and canadian provinces:

http://www.ihea.com/hunter-education/hunter-education-requirements.php

The bowhunter ed class fulfills this qualification.