Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ssendek

Lost rod

3 posts in this topic

I was out fishing on Lake Zumbro and one of my rods seemed to have dropped out of my sled. It was a nice-n-easy rod. If someone picked it up, give me a note. I would be happy to pick it up pretty much anywhere.

Thanks

Sorry about the rod. I was on Lake Zumbro today as well, but didn't see it. I have one of those Ice-n-easy rods. They serve as a good deadstick.

I was south of the Ponderosa and around the bend, set up right near the bank in 15 fow. Only saw one fish on the flasher in an hour and a half and it ignored my offerings, so I moved on to greener pastures.

Did you have any luck fishing there and if so, any tips for a newbie to the Lake Zumbro ice? A basic idea of where to go, etc? All the shacks I saw were tight to the banks on the outside of the bend south of Pondy. Several people were driving cars and small pickups out there too, but I only had 6-7" of ice where I set up.

I walked on at Ryan's Bay and walked out to Rattle Snake. Fished in 23 or 24 ft of water. I had a lot of lookers but no takers. I know one guy close to me had a few crappies on the ice. He said he was using diamond jigs and spikes, about 3 to 5 ft off the bottom. He was also in 23 or 24 ft of water. By the way I also was a newbie though the ice on the Zumbro.

Good luck on further outings. Remeber the more you try the better you will become.