• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone have any reports? I am starting my hardwater fishing very late this year and I am looking for a little info before driving up that way.

Thanks

from what i hear there are alot of people and a great bite on small crappies!! My friend has become frusterated with this lake for those reasons......

I was there on Saturday and it was a city. Fishing was tough. A few crappies but as mentioned, small. Talked to a few people who did alright with sunnies.

Was by there today and seen a pick up on the ice and a bunch of houses. I remeber when I used to be the only one out there and that was not that long ago.

I grew up fishing this lake, and my wife's family is in the area, (Day), so after Christmas celebrations on the 29th we (myself and some of her family) ventured out at 7:30 pm. Many fish housed out there, and quite a few vehicles. I caught 6 small crappies, very small crappies. I was the only one useing a vexilar, and the jiggle stick and spring bobber with euro larve were the ticket. Everyone else was skunked.

Good luck.

I haven't fished there for 2 years now, and when I was last out there, we did okay on gills, and had a few crappies in the bag too, but they were all small to medium average, maybe 6.5 and 9 respectively. Was able to watch a pike about 3 lbs come in and nail a jig on the camera though, that was pretty cool.

Guest Dardevle

I was just out the weekend before Chirstmas and a budy and me did really well on the crappies. 10-11 inch average. At that time the ice was really crappy. Lots of slush,4inches I'd say. I am sure by now it is nice.

How deep were you fishing in?

I had heard reports of big crappies,but I was out there the week of Christmas also and only caught real small ones.

I hope you are kidding with hot spots....I suppose if you are looking for small crowded lakes with alot of small crappies then yeah quit giving away the hot spots.....this lake I thought was a sleeper for me then I went to ice fish it and it is like a zoo out there!!!

Don't yell at me!!!! Dardevel is the 'goof' giving away all the free info!!!

there aren't many in the summer for the fact all the fish are trying to regroup from the winter slamming!! LOL The thing to watch in the summer is the landing is just a dirt road that runs into the lake and the sand can suck a wheel or 2 in!! Tuff to pull out a boat with burried tires!! HAHA

• 10 months later...
Guest Dardevle

I heard Lory lake is safe and crappies and sunfish are hitting pretty good on wax worms. The talk about his lake being a sleeper makes me laugh. A few years ago maybe. More like 20yrs ago when I had to bike there. Now I think it is over fished again. No matter, I'll stay off the lake for a few years. I have heard alot of negative things about this forum. To many stuck-up people. Noses in the air. Not that I have been in here much, from what I have seen here, I am glad that I have not. And will not be again.. LATER!!

Thx for the info Dardevle,sorry some people like to jump down your throut for trying to give some helpful info so more people can go out and catch some fish successfully...Just ignore them!take care dude......

So am I seeing things corectly, did you stew on a comment made almost a year ago, pull up an old thread and now decide to bail on the site?

Get over it. We are here to excange some info, learn something, and hopefully help someong else. So stick around, you might learn something...

Maybe I was to blame?I was just having a little fun at the 'Devils' expense,no harm intended.and I will be up on Lory this weekend,Like I have been fishing this lake for thirty years....she is an old friend.

really how hard is this lake to fish? The thing that bothers me is we have very few lakes in Princeton/Cambridge area and dont need alot of people from the cities coming up and slamin them. I good example was the post about Quamba(mud) last year. When I moved up here 6 years ago Lory Lake was kinda of a sleeper but not any more. One last thing, the guy who caught the 10-11 inch crappies where probably more like 7-8 inches.

Mark

quamba and these little lakes basically go through cycles of getting hit hard and then people stay away from them for a few years and then it happens all over again.....people like to fish and like to tell people about it and these little lakes take the beating!! I just try to be the guy to continue checking these lakes in the slow time and try to be the first one out when they begin to produce again!!

And, there you go again.

And, BTW. It ain't just people from the cities that have creamed these lakes (or blabbed about them).

Both of you guys ought to do an edit before the lake sits here too long again.