Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minnesotashooter

Underwater Cameras

17 posts in this topic

Just wondering how many of you guys use an underwater camera for ice fishing and if so what kind? After you got it, did you catch more fish??

I was out today watching crappies and perch on a marcum 350.was jigging a salmo chubby darter #5 which is a little to big for the size of these fish.I recorded about 20 minutes of video today on it with my camcorder hooked up to it.I was in seventeen foot of water on sisseton lake in fairmont.I could see about 15 foot when the sun was out.I was targeting walleyes and seldom fish for the crappies or perch unless they are big perch.If i can find a site that will recognize my dvd ram video i will post a link and you could see the video.The camera made my vexilar usless today when you can watch the actual fish.Also seen 2 northerns that were around 2 pounds but did not bite.Very fun to see.

Heres a video from today.Notice on the left side the weed`ez.We had 12 weeds behind the camera.

sisseton lake

Wishing,

Fun to watch. Thanks.

tweed

cool video dan!

Thanks Guys.The video gets distorted a little from the web hosting site.Photobucket really distorted it.We were in 17 feet of water and could see about 15 foot.Buddy and i both put down cameras at the same time and lots of times the fish come right up and bump the cameras around.Its very fun to watch the fish though.

wishing, i also have a perm on sisseton, but no luck with the eyes' just pannies. let me know what the trick is to getting the eyes to show up!!! water clarity has been awesome, i hope the city dont start pumpin water too soon and screw it up!

rocki Will be back out there friday afternoon.Hopefully can find a few eyes.Wheres your permanent at on the lake?.I am the one in the green eskimo lodge.Heres more videos of sisseton lake.

sisseton #3

sisseton #4

sisseton #5

Great footage Dan. Thanks for sharing.

say that was a great video. Just for the hell of it . Try some of those " structure on a line" then watch. It works pretty good.

Cool stuff Dan!!!

Those chubby darters really dance around, eh??

Them chubby darters really do dance around good.They dance even better in 6 foot of water.

You not only drill holes for us new comers to ice fishing but also share videos - fantastic! Hopefully the lake will pick up. the swede.

vikingslipbobber...Great to see you on here.Friday i will be fishing on george lake by the power plant.C`mon over if ya want and I`ll drill you all the holes you want. grin.gif

it helps catch more fish cuz you know when to jig and you see how they react to differt bait and lures

Originally Posted By: outdoorkid15
it helps catch more fish cuz you know when to jig and you see how they react to differt bait and lures

Although it is an excellent tool for this type of use. If you are fishing very finicky or negative fish it may also be costing you fish without even realizing it.

Originally Posted By: PerchPounder
Although it is an excellent tool for this type of use. If you are fishing very finicky or negative fish it may also be costing you fish without even realizing it.

That's exactly why I've only used my AquaVu one time this winter. I'm always afraid it spooks finicky fish. More often than not, it probably doesn't bother them. However, when that monster eye or pike approaches my bait, I don't want anything spooking them off.

If I did more fishing for pannies, I'd probably use it more.