Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackdog1101

Dress Warm Tomorrow!!

2 posts in this topic

Here in the Cities the forecast is for a high of 9 degrees, wind chill of -10 degrees. I've been looking forward to a full day of fishing tomorrow, but not having a shelter is going to make it pretty brisk. Brrrrrrr.

Just drill lots of holes it will keep you warm wink.gif I will be out Wed. morning so i'll get to share some of that cold weather with ya!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• ZachD
      Try the Sherburne wildlife refuge plenty of places you can get to were not a lot of people want to go the spot I deer hunt you need hip waders to get to
    • ZachD
    • Borch
      We've done well in late June.   May need to move offshore more.  Cranks or spinners till you find fish then slow down if needed.   I use the public access.  Not usually too busy mid summer. 
    • h8go4s
      Blue_Healer (Shouldn't that be heeler, not healer? http://www.dogster.com/dog-breeds/Blue_Heeler ) "Thanks for the advice. Nobody else would help."   Me: "You're welcome. Did you check the websites I referenced? Did you stop at any boat dealers? "
    • Walleye #1
        With the big winds this week we were not able to venture out as far, so not a whole lot to report from the Main Lake.  When it isn’t blowing too hard, the main lake rock reefs were kicking out nice Leech Lake walleyes in 14-18 feet of water.  Pulling lindy rigs with crawlers or leeches as well as slow death at .5-.8 mph was the best.  Speed is the key when dialing in these fish.  Our Leech Lake fishing guides found a nice mix of eaters and bigger fish.   Still many of the same places as last week were producing in North Bar, Fletchers, Ivans, Submarine, etc, but don’t forget to look for secondary reefs and humps that are nearby or if the fish are not on the edges of those reefs look to the mud basins where the bug hatches are taking place and drive until you graph fish.   On the west end of the lake in Walker Bay and Agency Bays, shoreline breaks that had wind blowing in were the best.  14-20ft of water is where we keyed in on.  Pulling lindy rigs with chubs, leeches, or crawlers all worked to put a nice mix of walleyes and even some nice pike in the boat.  Other areas to key in on would be under water points and bars that run out into the bays and have deep water right next to them the bigger fish like to suspend and then come in and feed during these times.  
    • Walleye #1
      Always worth it to go fishing.  That time of year your best bet from what your schedule sounds like would be to put crank baits on and trolling the edges and tops of the reefs or do some slip bobber fishing down on that end of the lake.  Huddles Reef, Variety, Olsons, etc. would all be places to start, but the crankbait bite can be good.    
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Big Hatches usually get the slow bite over in a hurry! Hopefully this will only last a few more days! Boated 22 walleyes today but only managed to keep 7 small eaters in 6 hours of fishing. Cliff
    • monstermoose78
      They used to have a nice gun range but some stupid locals shot their garage and blamed the range!
    • gunner55
      I'm only 8-10 miles south of smurfy with the same experience on the lake. Mn Fishing Pros is a group of 4 guys who guide in the area & so is Jeff Sundin. Not sure what any of them have for experience on that lake but you might try to contact 1 of them to see if they have a opening that fits your time slot or they might even have some info on the lake that they are willing to share 
    • Wheres_Walter
      Headed up this weekend and next weekend.  WIll be fishing mostly Frazer.  Sounds like the hatch is on.  If anyone has been fishing walleye on frazer in the past few days, got any tips on depth?  Presentation?     Sounds like crawlers are the ticket right now.   Thanks