Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doop

Birch Pictures

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

just wanted to share a couple pictures. The smiles say it all! lol Both fish were a personal best! Jay is holding the top fish and his was 10 pounds. Matt's was 7 pounds. Both fish were VERY healthy and returned to pull hard another day!

JaysNorthern.jpg

MattsNorthern.jpg

Thanks for the help Finn and Stfcatfish! You guys are awesome. Definitely not a good idea to drive on the ice...but that meant hauling all of our stuff around....uhhhhhhhh. Definitely not as young as we used to be!!

Nice environmental fish shots, Doop. Thanks for sharing them! grin.gif

A bit easier to fit the whole fish in the pic when it's a horizontal hold (and easier on the fish). grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks Steve,

I appreciate the advice. I did know better than to hold the fish vertically. That got lost in the moment though...lol

Not a bad picture for a cell phone huh!? smile.gif

Yeah, excitement cancels out a lot of stuff for me, too. I understand completely. Great shot for a phone cam! grin.gif

Hey, nice fish! No wonder is was quiet for us - you got 'em all! smile.gifsmile.gif Well worth the time and effort!

From what I could see Finn...I found myself looking over your way a lot as you yanked slimers from the ice! lol

When my buddy spoke to you I was marking fish after fish on the vexilar but nothing would bite. I was using an angel eye jr. with the head of a small smelt and nothing. It was a heck of a long drive but as you wrote...well worth the time and effort. Next up...LOTW in March!!