Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zamboni

Billick Fired By Ravens

9 posts in this topic

Who wouldn't mind him pacing the sidelines wearing the purple and gold again??? Chilli needs to go, and I say either Schottenheimer or Billick, or set a sweet check in front of Vermeil, and I bet he'd come out of retirement (again)

another terrible head coach? sounds like a great fit cool.gif

He isn't a terrible head coach, when having a halfway decent QB (Dilfer) he won a Super Bowl. Having 4 diff starting QBs in one season, one being an aging McNair doesn't help your team.

who's the better qb, dilfer or jackson? i was unfortunate to see most of the 49ers games this year, and dilfer is BAD. he seems like the nicest guy in the league, but he is not good. there as got to be a coordinator out there who would be a better fit for the vikes than billick in my opinion. the vikes had talent on offense when he was there, now they don't have much more than the ravens have had the last few years.

i am not really a vikings fan, but i don't want to see anyone make the mistake and get billick.

He was the coordinator here for several years, and we'd be better off with him than Childress. Anyone who benches the best RB in the NFL for being a little late to the game where there are playoff implications is worthless. And to answer your question, I wouldn't take Dilfer or TJack as my QB, I just simply pointed out that with a mediocre QB the Ravens won a Super Bowl. Personally, I would take Schottenheimer over him, but Billick is NOT a bad coach. Vikings best bet right now would be to draft a Qb, and sign McNabb to be the starter for a couple seasons and tutor the draft pick. Nonetheless, Childress needs to go

Ziggy isn't backed into a corner yet so Chili will stay. The article on Billick states he lost control of the players. I assume the owner had no choice.

Yeah, lets just let the players come and go as they want too meetings and such, that will work well.

Only way he would have a chance here is a head coach. Won't be coordinator because he and Chilly would definitely but heads. Billick is eating crow because he said that he knows qb's and how to develop them. You can see that never happened in Baltimore. Maybe he could do it as a coordinator, but not as a head coach. He'll find a job for next season.

Childress did the right thing not starting AP.

Look at the control problems the Vikes have had in the past. No one is above the rules, no matter what.

Besides, Taylor is a good running back too.

And, AP did play. A message was sent, that was all.

Childress has earned another year.