Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
walleyefey

Info on Lake Brophy or area lakes?

walleyefey    0
walleyefey

My relatives are heading up there the middle of January with their kids. They are looking for some productive lakes around that area and many of them havent fished any of the lakes. Please any info would help! Thanks

fisherking01    0
fisherking01

Best bet is stop at the local bait shop for up to date information. Most on here are tight lipped about where they are biting, as that would lead to lots of activity. Being in the bait sales business, any smart owner knows where his dollars come from and will share information to keep you coming back.

Start where the houses are, best bet without inside onformation

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• JBMasterAngler
      Trip didn't go as planned. I had been asking some questions on here to get some info/ideas for the trip. Greatly appreciated all the stuff you guys shared with me. Unfortunately most of it wasn't in the plans  Camped at fall lake, as this was the first time my wife tagged along in a few years, and I thought his would be the most family friendly. After getting setup on Sunday, I launched the boat and goofed around for a bit, but didn't catch anything. My daughter was using worms, and she didn't even get a nibble. Is there not much for bass in fall?   Monday we had to spend some unexpected time in town, making certain purchases. Made it to snowbank late. Trolled for lakers, but only marked ciscoes. Once we started fishing for bass, we caught a few, but then the rain fell. Had it just been me and the 2 older kids, we could have fished through it. But with my wife and the youngest, it wasn't going to happen!   Pretty much the same thing happened on Tuesday. Went to burntside, but the lake was too windy. Went back to town, let the kids play at the park, then had lunch at the boathouse (I highly recommend the motorboat burger). Then we decided to keep it close and simple, and went to miner's pit. Weather got the best of us again. At least this time, my wife caught a few fish. No trout though.   Sometimes there's more to camping trips than good fishing though. We still had lots of fun, and I'm already making some notes for my next Ely trip, which I don't even know when will happen.
    • CigarGuy
      Tommy, can tell by your posts and photos that your dogs are very special to you and Bonnie.  I shed a tear or two while reading this.  I got a kick out of you telling me here after I saw you driving through Cloquet a couple years ago.  You saw my dog riding co-pilot and you mentioned that you also had a dog in the passenger seat (can't remember which one) and Bonnie in the back seat riding with the other dogs.  Good Stuff! Take care, Bill
    • TomWehler
      I pop in here a few times lately for some humor for myself, it is hard to do. No, very hard to do...but this sight makes me smile sometimes so here ya go...FYI.   Moe Rock passed August 14th  ~  4 days before what would have been his 11th birthday.
      He was our rock in many ways and was one of the smartest retrievers we have ever had in our family in 30 some years.
      If you knew Moe Rock you can understand, remember. He was so strong an fought the cancer just over FOUR MONTHS....
      Pills n tests an more pills an more tests...until well CANCER SUCKS.
      In the end the cancer wins no matter how hard he fought or how hard his TEAM fought with him and for him. Bonnie an I, the special vets an techs at Osceola Animal hospital and the top doc's, students and assistants and at the U of M vet center tried very hard and long to help him in his battle. He never changed, stood tall an strong, bright eyes an devilish smile.
      Truth is we only stayed a couple steps ahead of the cancer that took him that day at 5 PM.
      He was strong right up until he passed with Bonnie an myself holding his paws an making his passing go easy. Bother Polar Bear Boy looking on also.
      Don't make any of this easy saying this, but he was not doing good at 5 am Sunday morning as that cancer stuff just jumped him good this weekend an well,  he lost.
      We never gave in, nor did he. This weekend at the cabin he tried to enjoy himself, DID enjoy it all.  He swam, couple dock jumps, we fished morning runs an sunset, did boat rides, worked on some shore n boat small projects an ate pretty dang well. He was fine until bedtime when we knew an HE knew something was happening.
      Not good. CANCER SUCKS!
      We had a great time, Moe only showing to Bonnie an myself an his Brother Polar Bear Boy he was not feeling to good in the evenings the last week. Very sad. Never forget Moe Rock or his up north name of NoMoeToe given to him by long time guest in my boat from Capser Wyoming the late Mary Cob and his Chisago City area name the Fire Chief gave him of ThreeToeMoe. He was not only special to me but to a host of people in this area an on or around Lake Vermilion for his whole life.
      Good boy, darn good boy. One regret is not everyone that knows of Moe or knows him only online did not get to meet him in person.
      You would have enjoyed him in many ways as we all did.
      Loveable, big nut, sweet, smart, goofy, odd and a total tick that like to start fights with this brothers an then leave them to settle it while he went an ate their food or got best seat on casting deck my big black boat.
      Yup, Moe Rock was a Tick.   Any way....very sad are we, but he fought like tuff darts, a good long fight.
      Never whined a bit, did as was asked an stayed pretty much himself the whole time until that Sunday morning really.
      Not once showing anyone not in family he was sick, real sick. Still loved his truck rides, belly rubs, swimming his pool, wratling with me n Bear, watching TV, Playing on Kendel or computer with Bonnie an just plain being Moe to his brother Bear Boy...big smiles. Fishing, how he love3d fishen...mostly topwater of any kind, but he would go with me anytime, anytime....true fish hound was he, our sweet Moezy.
      I did not tell anyone about Moe rock but Mom Joanne as figured he might kick cancer to the curb an well..........
      Never gave up hope but most times cancer wins in retriever hounds, even our sweet Moe Rock.
      PEACE!
      Very Sad. Now running with his fellow Mallard Island Marauders that crossed over before him, Barney Toonder, Homer J., Bailey, Beckey, Buddy.....plus Jack n Ev the Kats.
      Some good party.....good food, big smiles and all that go with them....all very special. Lov ya Moe......I miss you my boy....rest easy until we meet again.   Keep on rocken!   Tommy
    • redlabguy
      W-W, and what kind of bottom, rocks? Dick
    • curt quesnell
      Here is the latest....it is changing quite a bit and the water is cooling off.  Check it out while you make your plan for Labor Day    
    • curt quesnell
      I have a few spots that I check but if you just go slow and keep your eye on the depth finder the schools of fish are scattered everywhere.  If you see fish, you will catch em  
    • Rick G
      One from Sunday
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Fish Lake Baits in Harris had some nice large leeches a couple of weeks ago. Cliff
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      W-W, What time of the day was best? Cliff
    • city slicker
      After 4 days on a Rainy lake houseboat we managed a walleye fry 3 nights. They where on the deeper mid lake reefs which is no secret, but they wanted minnows. That was the hard part, finding bigger minnows. To my surprise I was able to land a few each afternoon on 5" plastic rigged. 2 boats, 6 people, 47 eyes where clicked biggest 24", smallest 6" and every stop in between. We did fish some bays and the pike were willing to play!city