• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cool Cats 2008

Hey Ketch, if you're from Le Sueur i was wondering if you know the Thelemann family, i'm related to them from my mom's side. I'm sure there will be planty of holes to use. See you on the ice!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DTro

• metrojoe

• Shack

• Tippman

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not originally from around here, so I don't know many people. I will have to ask my wife, she is from the area. See ya there.

I’ve confirmed that the RecycledFish group will be there tomorrow. Stop by and grab a free cup of hot coffee, hot chocolate and hand warmer.

One thing that I didn’t get around to doing is securing a Port-a-Potty. Unless I can work something out here in the 11th hour, I would expect that there won’t be one there.

See ya tomorrow everyone.

Let’s catch some cats and have some fun!

I believe there was mention to them towards the begining of the post by Matt Johnson. They are basically a non-profit group that is promoting the benefits of protecting the resources of fishing. They are on a "Ice Tour" and have selected our Cool Cats gathering as a "major" event they would like to be at.

I want to wish all good luck and have a good time tomorrow. I'm gonna miss not being there. Probably the hardest part is not wetting a line through the ice in 2 yrs.

Should I be keeping any early cats for frying up for lunch or are we just gonna see how it goes? I wouln't think there would be a problem with everyone getting enough catfish for people to try it.

Also I see everyone should try to bring a dish, is there usually too much or not enough food? Will there be a grill out there? Just wondering what and how much to bring?

Ok here's the deal. We will have a couple fryers out there. There is a slot on cats (2 over 24"). I would prefer to sample the smaller ones (under 24") and see the bigger ones go back. People can do whatever they want, but that would be my preference.

I guess we'll just play it by ear.

Also I will have my grill with so if anyone wants to cook up something else, feel free to come over and use it.

Originally Posted By: The Chemist
I want to wish all good luck and have a good time tomorrow. I'm gonna miss not being there. Probably the hardest part is not wetting a line through the ice in 2 yrs.

Sorry to see you can't make it Chemist. I know you were one of the originals, and Cool Cats probably wouldn't be what it was today if not for you guys.

I don't think you need to bring a whole lot. Something tells me there won't be shortage of food tomorrow.

Well a few of us were going to come up there, but due to spring break and work we won't be able to come out. But good luck to everyone that goes, sounds like it will be a blast!! Make sure you guys post some reports and pics.!!!!

I,ve been working today on two gallons of beans and I have the makings for fifty or so hot dogs. I'm bringing a small table top grill for the dogs along with the dog buns and stuff for topping. I have a bunch of bowls and plates and my wife is now searching the shelves for the plastic cutlery. Let the feeding frenzy begin.

Just coming for Bob's eats is worth the trip alone.

Thanks Bob

Now all we need is a Cool Cats Pimp Hat cool.gif

I found a pound of frozen sucker in the freezer, but no bullies.

I secured a “secrete” bait that just might work in a pinch. I got 2 dozen of them and it’s not the cow eye’s. I am keeping them for flats next year.

My wife threw a curve at me a couple hours ago, but I threw a curve back at her for tomorrow. I told her “no way”, I have to go to this. I will be around the meth hole with no doubt. See ya from the bridge. It should be good times!

Hello everyone

I just got back from the new shell station here in cold spring and they have lots of Fatheads and sucker minnows. All winter they have been very generous with there scoops also. There is about 8 of us that are going to start on a few of our cat fishing hot spots before moving to the meth hole. I also drove by the access this afternoon and it is starting to drift shut, so if you are planning on coming early make sure you have 4 wheel drive, after it has been cleared out you should have no problem with any car or truck.

I should be there around eight with my fishing buddy. I went to the EP Gander Mountain to pick up some suckers but the salesperson said that someone just beat me to the last ones and the guy said that he was going catfishing. Hmmmm. I am so looking forward to catching a few cats!!

Finally got my registration to work! \:\)

Ryan Libby and I are looking forward to being there in the morning with the Recycled Fish Angler Hospitality Station. We'll have free Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate, Folger's Coffee Singles, Grabber Handwarmers, and FoodSource Lures. Stop by and say hi and get some free stuff.

You'll also be able to take our "Stewardship Pledge" and get a free membership to Recycled Fish, if you're interested.

(Check out http://www.RecycledFish.org if you like.)

I drove on this evening at around 6:30 at the Winter Access in my 2WD Ford Ranger and had no problems.

I would have started some setup tonight, but wasn't exactly sure where everybody would be, and didn't want to be 100 yards off in the abyss (also didn't want to plunge my truck into a methane pocket).

Point us in the right direction tomorrow morning...looking forward to seeing some nice cats come up through those holes!

See you in the morning,

Teeg Stouffer

Which access are you referring to-DNR access on the north side, or the winter access on the east side?

Welcome to FM.

I would say I will be any where I mark fish with the MarCum. I am going to bed and will be there early.

See ya then.

Thanks

All packed and ready to go. Should be leaving shortly. See you all there.

Originally Posted By: HUNTFISH69
Hey Ketch, if you're from Le Sueur i was wondering if you know the Thelemann family, i'm related to them from my mom's side.

HUNTFISH69,

Are you related to Terry Thelemann? She's does some consulting where I work. A few days ago during a meeting she mentioned that she grew up in Le Seuer. Just curious.

I remember stopping by the original FM ice-cat gathering but I've missed the rest for various reasons. I'm sure it was fun.

Thank you for everyone who helped set this up. If I wouldn't have seen this forum I don't know if I would have ever tried ice fishing for cats. It was a great day while we were there, met alot of really nice people and learned a few hint on catching cats. Once again thank you and hope to make a couple more of these events before Cool Cats 09.

I believe Terry is realted to my uncle Gary, but I'm not direclty to related.