• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

After Sunset bites ?

Any lakes near Moorhead (on the Minnesota side) that have good fishing after the sun drops. I am looking to get some evening fishing in sometime.

Perch --

It has been pretty slow, overall. After dark seems to be just as slow as mid afternoon.

You can get some pannies to bite past dark, but that is tough to say. Not great help, but I would try some panfish lakes like Big Detroit for bite after sunset.

Actually, in the past, Labelle north of Lake Park gave up some pannies after dark. I don;t know if it still does, but I know it did.

thanks, i'll have to try those spots out some time, thanks again....

Hey perch, Obviously the bite varies from lake to lake and day to day for that matter ....BUT we have had a heck of a time catching anything during the usual awesome bite twilight periods but the couple times we spent a little more time in the fish house we had better luck. Heck man my brother caught a waldo just shy of 27 inches at midnight. And the crappies have been biting pretty consistently after dark. Nothing spectacular but it seems we pick one or two off every 1/2 hour or so. Just some info I thought I'd share

• 2 weeks later...

Leechbait, thanks for the info, I still havnt found time to get out fishing after sunset, the guys i go with usually want to leave right at that sunset time, Maybe in the next couple of weeks i'll try it, thanks again, the Perch

Perch, if you want to come chase some slabs after dark with me, you're more than welcome. Shoot me an email and we'll put something together.

10-4, not sure when, but i'll keep ya in the back of my mind when the time comes , thanks, the Perch

Hea Perch, lets set the record straight!!! Ur the one packing up early because your old girls got that lease too tight. Dont hate the player hate the game... \:\)

Watch out son, Ive been married 10 years and i still get to fish a couple times a week, your getting married in less than a year, your time will come to, just like the rest of us. Its part of life. Lastly, like any dog, I to will sometimes get off my leash. I'm just waiting for the right moment to strike. Lets all welcome Pike Pickler to the site and congrats him on his first post, the Perch.

My Brothers --

This one is simple -- The best way to get out to fish is to "keep the ladies happy at home" -- If ya know what i mean.

ah you boys.... pickler, you too will be whipped some day soon ;\) the perch has it figured out and has a pretty good racket if he can get out of jail twice a week. I might need some pointers whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Dahitman44
My Brothers --

This one is simple -- The best way to get out to fish is to "keep the ladies happy at home" -- If ya know what i mean.

I know exactly what you mean....but she doesn't want anything to do with that either. That's another way to get out of the house to go fishing cool.gif

Yeah -- clean up after yourself and do some extra work around the house -- Chicks dig that.

That and get her a bottle of wine and record her when she says, "you can go fishing anytime." Then keep it in your most stinky hunting stuff -- next to the doe wizzz.

Originally Posted By: DEADhead
hit, that's playing dirty pool. blackmail works both ways.... ;\)

Have you ever known a hitman to play "clean" pool??? What else would you expect from a hitman??

Looks like we sparked some convo hear over Pike Pickler's comment. To be truthful, I'd say I got it made when it comes to hunting and fishing. Yes it is important to keep her happy at home. It helps to to stuff around the house and do nice things. She even went to the store last week to pick me up some frozen smelt, wow!, what a girl.

I think the Pickler wants to believe things wont change, we've all been there, but still wouldnt change it for anything. She hates the smell of earth scents and doe p, so I like to think she wants me out of house during deer season. So..... anyway.... I will be getting out sometime to do some sunset bites real soon.

Any other tips to help the Pickler out, keep them coming, we all know he'll need them someday.... yours truely, the Perch

yeah another tip is no matter if you are right on something, if she thinks you are wrong, you are wrong. no ifs ands or buts. All the ladies I have ever had to live with (mom, sisters, wife, etc.) they like to hold grudges and can remember what you did wrong to the "T" from 10 years back. They won't let you forget it. Don't make them mad, and don't use something from the past against them, or you'll be sleeping out on the ice for good.

You need to know when to pick your battles and determine if it's worth the effort of the fight.

PS, no matter how many "points" you get for doing nice things, they are almost never redeemable. If somebody out there figured out how to work the system here, let me know.

All these 'perks' and I would have what you consider a "good" wife... crazy.gif

Amen,there is fine line we all walk day to day, so far I havent fallen to far from it.... the Perch

well put perch. some days you can stray pretty far from the line with no worries, other times you better walk straight and not get out of line...

The perch is a wise man!!! I have discovered one thing....Since the signifigant other is planing the wedding it has created much more "me time". All i have to do is make a suggestion like....baby-blue double breasted leisure suits for the groomsmen and bang!!! Im enrt to the puddle. Think about it...

Dogwatch, a veteren of being wed, any hot tips for the pike pickler, it sounds like hes got it down pretty good, so far.... the Perch

They dont want to go when its cold, but they love to go out in the summer. They like to be in the boat, but not so much on the ice. I am trying to obtain a Clam Sleeper to help take care of that problem, we'll see. the Perch

Originally Posted By: kywest
Ya know guys, heres a thought. Take them with....

Mrs. DEADhead has a healthy fear of the ice. And you know what? I'm ok with that ;\)