Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bhs91

fireplaces

8 posts in this topic

Just looking to supplement heat down in the basement and wondering about quality brands of freestanding fireplaces. Checked out Lopi with a local company but also wanted to check out some others. All told my budget is $3000.00 for fireplace and installation. Any help, tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BHS

anyone!

Do you want a fireplace, wood stove, or add on furnace?

A tip may be fireplaces accually lose more heat up the flue than other types of heat.when not in use interior air escapes up the flue,when in use they yet draw other interior air to feed fire,so in immediate area of fire its warm,but the chimney draft draws heat out of surrounding areas.

I had a Lopi installed at the cabin and couldn't be happier.

I would recomend getting a blower installed also, it really moves the hot air into the room. The stove seems very efficient, burns the wood to where there is hardly any ash to remove after 10 days of constant burning during the Wisconsin rifle season.

Just looking for a free standing stove. Just to compliment the furnace and be able to heat the house with that in the spring and fall when it is a little brisk out.

Thanks,

BHS

Lopi is a good product!!!!!! I build masonry fireplaces for a living and know that most sealed wood burning units do well for heat. Send me a email if you need to answera to more ?. bob at rglarson.com.

I used to have a Lopi in the first home I owned and heated the whole place with it for 4 years. Could stuff enough wood into it and damper it down enough that it would burn all day or all night with no problem ( with oak ). stove was still in great shape when I sold the home and they are still using it now 10 years later