Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JClay

Weekend

9 posts in this topic

Did anyone hit Hanska this weekend?...reports?....Went to Francis today and two of us caught 2 northerns, one crappie and a handful of sunnies....Anyone else have any reports from the weekend

Went to Tetonks and Duck on saturday caught just a couple sunnies and some small perch (would love it if all these tiny sunnies and perch I caught were keepers)

I didn't make it out to Hanska, but not by my choice smile.gif A friend of mine went out yesterday and caught 7. Five were solid keepers and 2 were over around the 20" mark.

Nice, thinking about heading there on Tuesday...any suggestions for getting a couple eyes?

Went to hanska today, first time ever fishing the lake, so didnt really know what to do or where to go? Stayed away from the crowds and managed 1 eye, lost 3 at the hole tho

Fished Madison Friday night from 8:00 PM till about 10:00 AM Saturday morning. 7 crappies, 0 walleye. No fish till about 2 am, caught 2, then nothing again until about 5:30 am, then caught 5 in about 1/2 hour, then nothing again. Didnt see a whole lot of anyone out there fishing overnight. Guessing there is a night bite somewhere, just not there, not that night anyway.

Spent today getting the wheel house ready to take out next weekend. If anyone wants to share a tip where I can park the thing for some overnight action, i would appreciate it. Taking my son (hes 5 1/2) out with me and would like to catch a few fish with him.

I was on hanska both sat. and sunday evenings. I moved my perm out sat. Had 3 walleyes. 1 small, and 2 keepers. plus several crappies. Most were 8" to 9", but had 3 that pushed the 11" mark. Sunday was quite different. Did land a real nice walleye, well over 20". 1 bass and again a couple more small crallies. That was before 3:30 and then the houses started moving in on us. Were 2 houses in the general area on sat., but by the end of the day sunday there were atleast 10. Must have forgotten to take down my neon sign saying "FISH HEAR"!!hehe! wink.gif

No big deal I guess. Giving it one more day and I will probably move, to somewhere a little less traveled.

Also, just to let everyone know that have not heard it yet. They have anounced that the airators will be turned on sometime between the 1st and the 15th of jan.

Rumor is they will be turned on this wed. the 2nd. But again that part is just a rumor.

Although Hanska is pumping out fish, there is a lot of walleye action right close to home. At least a handful of lakes in the area have solid bites happening right now. Fish today because tomorrow will not be any fun in that wind and sub-zero temperatures. grin.gif

Had a fairly successful long weekend on lake hanska. Total of 10 walleyes. 8 keeper size or bigger. Several crappies with 3 at 11" or bigger. 1 bass around 2 lbs. and a couple 9" to 10" perch. That was 4 evenings fishing. A couple of those night I cut short, due to other comittments. A couple nights were very slow, and we watched several fish on the flashers move in and leave. Then the switch turned on for 45minutes to an hour. And just as quickly turn off again. That thru many houses moving in and out, and much vehicle traffic in the area. All but a meal's worth went back. All in all it could have been better, but it kept me very entertained!