Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phreackshow

Cedar Lake

21 posts in this topic

Anybody catching anything worth keeping at Cedar? I was out there yesterday for only a couple of hours with one decent northern that i tossed back. Ice is nice - I measured 13inches of nice looking ice. We were parking on the ice just out from the landing, but nobody driving yet.

I got a buddy who drives his 2-seater cavalier out there... apparently he's been getting a few walleyes.

I was thinking about hitting the South end for eyes, But I don't want to drive across the lake, heard that isn't safe almost all year. You know anything about that? Is there a public access on the Southern half? Any info is much appriciated.

You can get on by the county park off of 39. Was out last night and didn't have a bump.

There isn't a public access on the south side. The only way is to get on through private property. Please remember when parking on the ice not to park right next to the other vehicles. That is how accidents happen.

HWy 55 Half between Maple Lake and Annanadale- North on Illsley Ave. East On 67th St. North on Hoyt Ave. West on 72 nd Ave Should bring you to access on South End of Cedar. Doesn't look like access, But road runs into the Lake.

I have not used this access in a few years, so don't know if things changed-- It is Marked on GPS units as a Public Access.

Good Luck

Robbo

South end access is still accessible.

Thanks Mike for the Update.

Robbo

Hey, thanks Robo. I'll let ya know what happens if I go. Still leaning towards Clearwater, but if I don't find what I want there, I might make that LONG haul over to cedar. wink.gif Buffalo is pretty hot on the south end... if anyone was wondering. Limit on 9 1/2-10 inch crapp's. Eyes seem to have slowed.

I dropped a 10" auger blade to bottom of the lake on the north end on Tuesday afternoon. After 2 1/2 hours with a aqua vu, magnets, and a bunch of miscellaneaous hooks, there was no luck with retreiving it ... frown.gif Never got to fish either.. frown.gif

We'll, its good to have the site back. Appartently through the recent consturtion I lost my other post to Cedar.

If someone could answer me again, how much ice is out there and are people driving out yet? Thanks

FishSystem

Are those crappies still cooperating on the south end of Buffalo?

Is the lake safe to drive on?

Is it ok to drive out there?

As far as Buffalo its out my front window and there is dozens of people driving out in full size trucks, including me. As far as I know no one has fallen through yet. Knock on wood.

Been away for a few days, but I am back. Yeah, there driving pretty much everywhere on the Buff. I am still gettin the eyes and crapps on Buffalo South end, just learning a lil more now. These crappies and Sunnies I keep getting in between the eyes are a little on the small side. I was out on Friday the 4th, for the LATE NIGHT BITE and didn't get there until about 5:30-6, but the bite was so-so. Nothing worth getting wound up over(I mean the midnight bite). I did notice that at about 9 pm, the eyes came through (not a for sure pattern), but then all of the crapps that I got after 9 were all keepers! The bigger ones seem to bite a lil later. I noticed this on 2 other areas of Buffalo as well. I will be there on Saturday the 12th, for the sundown bite, on my favorite mid-winter spot. I am staying until atleast 11. Gotta go for some more slabs. Hard to beat a buckshot (rattles) but I just cannot find anything to out-produce my large red FROSTEE by Techniglo. My "for sure" favorite 2 years running now. Find a green/silver 4-dr. Dodge Dakota, and a green Eskimo flip over, and ya found me!

FishSystem

Thanks for the good info.

Fishsystem,

Now when you say south side of the lake how do I get there?

When you come into buffalo on 25, go south past the North access in town, and turn right on 12. follow for a mile or so, and it is on the right. Can't miss it really. Good luck.

Thinking of taking the big house out. Never have taken it out on Cedar before. I summer fished the lake and almost fell out of the boat when i saw how deep the middle was. Is this lake truly unsafe to drive on all year? Is anyone pulling big houses with 1/2 tons? Thanks for any help

The lake is "safe" to drive on. Beware of the creek by the public landing and yes it over 100ft deep in the middle. Its one of the last lakes in the area to freeze up but I saw full size vehicles on it several weeks ago. There are two creeks on the lake, one north and one south but there is little to no current in the lake itself. You can access it from the south side by Whispering Pines Golf Course if you do not want to cross the point with your vehicle.

Tryed cedar out yesterday couldn't get anything but small perch and sunfish, scouted around and most houses are sitting in 35-40 FOW, i didn't stick around very long because i dont like fishing that deep and popin airsacks on small crappies...