Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoFishing

Big Lake Area

LetsGoFishing

Hello Everyone! I just moved to Big Lake and was wondering if someone can direct me on where to fish. I have a couple daughters who love to fish, and would like to find a spot nearby for them to catch some panfish. As for me, I love to fish for anything, from tip-ups for pike, to late night walleye fishing, and also panfishing.

I'm not looking for anyones hotspots, just places nearby to catch the fish listed above. Any help would be appreciated!

FireTigers

try big lake itself. In years past it's been good.

Dog_Fish

I've not had much luck on either Big or Mitchell this season. You may want to consider Birch, Big Eagle or driving a bit to Maple Lake.

LetsGoFishing

Thanks for the info. I drove by Big Lake this afternoon, and stopped by the landing to see what was going on. There were quite a few people fishing, and a few trucks on the ice.

I drove through BUffalo and saw plenty of people out on both Pulaski and Buffalo. Being I'm not too familar with the area, I didnt drive by any other lakes.

Also, is there a place nearby to get bait? I'm not too picky as to what they all have to offer, just need something to get me out on the lake.

I have a Green Bay Packer portable clam, so if anyone sees me, stop by and say hi. It would be nice to meet a few people from the area.

Grant

Monticello has a good baitshop- shuman's....

otherwise the hardware store in BL sells minnows, grubs and worms.

TJ25

You are going to have a hard time making friends out there with a Green Bay Packers house....go out and get yourself a Vikings house and maybe people with talk to you, LOL, I'm just kidding good luck to you. Go out to Big Eagle lake thats where you can get some Eye's.

norskinailer

Give Briggs and Julia a try. They are located a few miles north of Becker. I've done pretty well out there for panfish and pike.

Dog_Fish

Hardware Hank sells bait, its located next to the liquor store in town. Can you say one-stop shopping.

knoppers

welcome to the site, I see that some of you are new here.

mitchell lake will get some crappies after dark, and both big and mitchell are good for northerns. walleyes can be tough on big, but they are there.

bassphish2005

Any one fish Thompson anymore,used to be some crappies and pike roaming around in that little lake?

Dog_Fish

Where is it located? I'm going out today and would not mind trying a loc. especially if its close??

maros91

Head to the hole on Mitchell around sunset and that will get you some crappies. May have to do some sorting.

scotty18

As far as I know, Thompson has no public access and you need to be a member of the "landowners" association to use their access. This may have changed, but I haven't heard anything. Thompson is a exellent panfish, crappie and bass lake with some nice northerns thrown in. I live in BL and this is the lake I fished until the land ownership changed.

Scotty

still_fishing

Don't let those Viking fans give you a hard time. I have one of those Packer clams too. If you got the deal I got you would not care what it said on. That was quite the garage sale. We don't need to tell every one about it. It is already every sportsman for himself. I live 6 miles north of Big Lake. Shoot me a email and I will let you in on some of my local spots.

happy crapie

As to where to go to get bait in the area, I always go to Ebners on Highway 10 right before 169 veers off of 10 in Elk River. They always have the best bait and best variety.

To Bassphiss I used to fish Thompson all the time and now they have blocked the lake off to public. I think Thompson Lake is a private lake now. Somebody blocked the old public access off. If you do go out there give a post to let us know how the bite is. I'd love to go out there again. Especially since nobody goes out there anymore

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

LetsGoFishing

Thanks everyone for the info. I plan on going out this weekend to give it a try. Havent exactly decided where to go yet, but it looks like it will be a good weekend for it.

As for the Packer Clam...hey it was only $50!!