Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
funbilly

cars on ice

15 posts in this topic

Was on white bear last night and saw a guy drive his car out. Where I was we had about 10"s of good clear ice. You won't catch me out there yet. grin.gif By the way he actually made it out and back, He didn't come out as far as we were but wow.

I was out there last night (Mahtomedi) and saw 3 full sized pickups out there. Good luck to them.

im glad we have a quad and never have to drive a truck on ice

Drove by Lake Waconia this afternoon and saw like 2 or 3 cars out on Andersons Reef, not sure how much ice is out there but I think its still to early for me... Cant wait to get a wheeler!!!

There are cars out where I am, I would not go out with only 8" of good ice in some areas, although i found some areas with 14 inches of really good ice in some areas...

Drove to Owatonna Cabelas today. And as we passed Lake Marion in lakeville, I saw 4+ vehicles on the ice.

i drove by hydes today on my way home and there was 2 trucks out on the ice.

One went down in South Lindstrom today.

ocf1, Were you out on Waconia? If so how did you do? I've been out there a few times this winter and haven't one very well - just small perch...

Quote:

One went down in South Lindstrom today.

I saw a fish house go down, but didnt hear/see anything about a car? where abouts?

OOPS same thing heres the link....

web page

ShawnnyB

Cars and full size pickups all over the east side of Wayzata Bay Sunday. I stayed west of all the traffic and there was about 12 inches of ice.

There were a half dozen cars out on Johanna in Arden Hills yesterday. If anyone reads this, please do not attempt to drive on the west/northwest side of the lake. I was over there yesterday and the ice is definitely much thinner and slushier than the rest of the lake.

Tons of cars and trucks out on prior, there was no hesitation. no way would i drive a 3/4 ton on 9-10 inches you gotta be nuts to do that, or a fat lazy person. Oh and they were not afraid to drive right next to your house either. I was off the beaten path and had them driving within 5-10 yards of me all day. a-holes if you ask me

I was on Turtle in Shoreview yesterday, and there was 5-10 vehicles, alot of which were full size trucks. It was crazy. Had one guy get out of his perm, jump in his truck drive 50 ft to check a few holes, and then drove back to his house. Oh yeah, drove right next to a guy in a clam, and parked right next to 4 other vehicles. confused.gif Quality individual. I found spots that were only 7-8 in. thick. Not going back there anytime soon!

And I bet if you asked him, the price of gas is outragous.