Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LwnmwnMan2

Fish house down!! South Lindstrom

11 posts in this topic

We were driving on Hwy 8 this morning, and just as you pass the old hospital / new library, in that bay, there's a house that's 1/2 sunk.

On the way back from church, the "rescue" guys were there. Not the life saving guys, the fish house saving guys.

Anyways, I see cars / trucks driving on South Center, and here's a good example that the ice, even 50 yards off shore wasn't thick enough.

Just pay attention.

I remember a couple 2-3 years ago when all those race trucks / trailers went through the ice, I believe up in Alex.

All these guys that are driving and parking next to each other in groups..... well..... good luck to ya.....

The race trucks where in Detroit lakes.

I just drove by 1 hour ago & it was all lit up. They were trying to pull it out...

On the news, there was a Blue F-150 under water. The pull behind house looks like it was floating, but truck got stuck last night and sank over night.

Anyone on channel 5 news report on this tonight. grin.gif

Yup saw that too! They neighbor they interviewed said the guy got stuck out there at 6pm yesterday. The guy said he looked out again at 8:30pm and the truck and house where gone!

Thats got to be a pretty penny, I saw some 4 wheelers around it, Im thinking thats how they were pulilng it out, did anyone notice if it was a wheeled house? Hovermn and myself were out on N Lindstrom tonight and in one hole he had 14 inches and in another right next to it not even 2 feet away he had 7. Just remember dont trust the lake because someoen else is driving on it. Stay safe and good luck

ShawnyB

BTW heres the link to the news story about this...

Truck/fishhouse in the drink.

It sounds like they cut a path to shore with chain saws and pulled with tow trucks. I do not think wheelers could pull a fully under the water truck and pull behind. It also was a wheeled house.

You are right on about ice. This years ice has been pretty slow going.

I just saw that on the news also. Thankfully the guy was safe and got out ok...but when do we stop feeling bad for guys that go in? Did we ever start?

I never wish that on anybody, and I am happy he was ok...but geez.

I feel sorry for people/sportsman like this, because who really wants to go threw the ice? Who really tries to loose their equipment? I am sure this guy is just like any of us on this site, he just screwed up. grin.gif

He is a fellow sportsman who took a wrong turn on the ice and joined the elite group of anglers who has gone threw the ice and lived to tell about it.

This a hard thing to defend a person on, because of all the news coverage about ice danger this year. I still am not driving on any lake right now with truck. Its a lot nicer to take snowmobile out or walk out, because you know you will make it back to shore.

Is he truely a sportsman or some meatball that doesn't pay attention to what is going on with the ice this year or any other year,I don't feel sorry for these people doing this.Not worth it walk or ride wheelers or sleds.Just my .02 cents.

That truck has got to really mess up the water. Are fuel caps on the gas tank like check valves where the gas wont come out? And all that oil in the crank case. Look around and ask? How come there arent any vehicles out here when there are over 100 people fishing?