• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whaletail

Anyone been out to Whaletail? I was thinking of heading out there but am not sure of the ice conditions or the fishing report. I don't have a wheeler or snowmobile and am not certain if the ice is thick enough to consider driving my jeep. Ideally I'd like to hit the deep side of the lake. Thanks for any help.

I was out there Saturday the 29th. I had my wheeler and found at least ten inches of ice everywhere. There was one truck out there where the ice was thicker.

Between 3 guys we caught about 40 panfish, but not a single one that was keeper size. We were on the ice for about 5 hours.

Thanks for the info. Did you fish on the deeper side of the lake? Do you know if the boat landing the only access to get to that end?

Thanks again!

No, we only fished the shallow side of the lake. Word was that there was no action on the other side.

Yes, the boat access is the only way to the other end.