Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ilovefishing

hinckley area

ilovefishing

im looking at trying the local lakes monday and tuesday if any are interested on tagging along. from what i here need to put the chains on the wheeler and i'll be ready. was going to go to the pond but how that usually goes id rather catch panfish all day than wait all day for 1 walleye. how deep is the snow on pine, pokegama, quamba grace lakes.

Bigtime22

I was out on Pine this evening, pretty slushy. Tried out several spots without even a look. I know the lake pretty well, just doesnt seem to be producing this winter.

wolfman

Seems like what ever you do you have to battel the slush all the lakes are the same .Pokegama has been putin out nice crappie,along wit hammer head snakes. Go out and do it and u might get a couple of walleys to pay u for your hard work. crazy.gif

ilovefishing

how much ice was up on pine? i am headed there in the morning, didn't know if i needed the power auger or not. which part of pine did u fish? I had my permanant straight out from the access by the bridge on the south side. did fair last year nice slabs and it was like clockwork right at dark it seemed i caught the same northern everyday about 10-12lbs. have u ever got any eyes out of the lake. I have marked fish at the bottom in 30feet out from the bridge thought they might be catfish. i'll post how the kid and i do tommarrow laugh.gif

Bigtime22

I have been fishing the lake for 20+ years, I dont believe there are any catfish in the lake. There are definitely eyes in the lake, I have caught (2) 30" in the last 10 years. Right now though, all of the eyes in the lake are pretty small. If you are looking for a good crappie bite, I would try the southwest corner of the lake in the mud hole. Or try more on the northeast side, have had good luck in the past. Be careful on the lake though, there is a slight current that runs through it. So stay away from the center of the lake, ice tends to be a little more dicey in that area. Good luck.