Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sbeet

Gull Rock

7 posts in this topic

This area produced many days of Great Fishing last season. I need some reports from this weekend. Specifically if anyone sets up south of the rock Let me know how you did. Will be up next week to spot the permanent house

How is Richards road? It was pretty nice last time I was up two weeks ago, is it still so good?

Hey sbeet,

Just got back from there last night, 12/29, we were set up south of the rock and west of the rock. Fishing was terrible! We fished Thursday, Fri., and part of the Sat., only to end up with 6 fish!! I think it just was plain slow. Talked to others and it was slow, some did better North of the rock, guess we just didn't get on fish, the bite was real light. Not aggressive! Probably, depended on where you were. The road is great, plowed out to 16m, and real smooth, my brother in-law was up that way, and did fair. Can go 30mph.!! WOW!! Seemed any jig or color, didn't matter still didn't bite....however, can't win all the time, so heading back several times yet this year! Still can't wait for the next trip. Hope this helps you out!?? Gator

Thanks for the update. I heard the same report from a house just 100yds south of the rock on the east edge of the rock. Said it was picking up this afternoon though.

Do they usually plow that road directly on top of the reef after the rock? Seems like a goofy thing to do. We saw all the trucks around the rock and kept going, got away from the crowds and did great.

Quote:

The road is great, plowed out to 16m, and real smooth, my brother in-law was up that way, and did fair. Can go 30mph.!! WOW!!

Wow is right. Keep driving 30mph out there and we won't have a road to drive on!

Fished 16m Sunday and did well enough to be satisifed. Averaged some sort of fish every 20 minutes or so. Ended up keeping 9 for us with some too big and small a like.

Started this morning at Gull Rock and zip, notta, nill for the first 2 hours and that was enought to go back out to 16 where we did not do as good as yesterday.

So, misery loves compnay on Gull. Glad to see it was just not us.

Tomorrow is another day and it could be Gull's turn!!!

Road is GREAT> Hats of to Babbler - he sure gets it done.

we were so. of gull 1/2 mile realy slow, they were down there but not willing, went to 16m there they were alittle more willing....and of course gold be the color.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• lawman
      Just talked to a buddy with an Ultera issue. He damaged the belt when he secured the motor head to his boat using a ram mount. Others I talked to said keep an eye on the belt tension. It is adjustable with an allen wrench.  
    • Wanderer
      Yup!  I can see how that would be annoying!    Welcome to Fishing Minnesota though.  Glad to see your posts. 
    • Jim Almquist
      Got out on Saturday along with my brother who went out in his boat. So much mud that we went our separate ways searching for better water. With 3 in his boat he caught 5 Coho and 5 Lake Trout. I found a nice spot and went 2/5 before the wind messed up the spot. Sunday morning went out with my brother to the same spot and had a double before the third line was out. Ended up going 7/11 before a storm with red in it chased us off the lake. Loonasea was correct on the nice size of the Coho's right now. All fish were caught with stick baits on top.
    • maxpower117
        Ya, I Was corrected already. Sorry. 
    • Rick G
      Soooo many spots to hit, your going to love the yak, JC!   And Royce is right about an anchor. This would be my first investment.   
    • lawman
      My unit is not a link unit. I thought they worked the bugs out of these units. 19 years ago they recalled all of these when almost all of them failed. Fingers crossed I guess.  
    • Cret Jigs
             Hi guys - went out on Blue lake yesterday .... water temps around 61 -62 on the surface.    Tried for some walleye with ripple shads in the weeds with no success, did manage a nice Bass.  we switched to crappies and managed keeping a nice meal.  Let a nice monster Blue Gill go (9.75") and kept some nice Sunnies for the frying pan.   Pan fish were pretty active if you hit the right spots.  A lot of people out there and the access was not a place to be in a hurry!!   We had to work for the crappies and the ones we caught were 9"-10" crappies full of eggs.  I would guess that although the ice was out early, many of the species are now late and delayed on the spawn.   if this weather don't warm up quick, i think the bass will drop their eggs and it won't be a good year for bass spawn this year.    Talked to some anglers out their bass fishing and they thought it was very slow and were puzzled.   Cret
    • Sushilicious
      I apologize for my word choice. I'm from chisholm n most of my camping trips growing up were decided after work on Friday n we can't do that now. The only positives that have come from the reservation system is ppl who have never been 2 the park (5%) now don't have 2 worry about a spot n the fishing guides don't have 2 worry about finding a place 4 shore lunch.
    • Wanderer
      Sorry I had to edit your title.  I've been hearing some people are upset about the change.  But I also heard there were some positives about it too.  I can't say anything one way or the other since I'm not affected.
    • Wanderer
        It does have lakers but I think they closed it for harvest.  I thought I read it was due to those lakers being a different strain and getting fished down a little too much.   That laker Rob caught was a hawg!  Too bad he got it taken away.