Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sbeet

Gull Rock

7 posts in this topic

This area produced many days of Great Fishing last season. I need some reports from this weekend. Specifically if anyone sets up south of the rock Let me know how you did. Will be up next week to spot the permanent house

How is Richards road? It was pretty nice last time I was up two weeks ago, is it still so good?

Hey sbeet,

Just got back from there last night, 12/29, we were set up south of the rock and west of the rock. Fishing was terrible! We fished Thursday, Fri., and part of the Sat., only to end up with 6 fish!! I think it just was plain slow. Talked to others and it was slow, some did better North of the rock, guess we just didn't get on fish, the bite was real light. Not aggressive! Probably, depended on where you were. The road is great, plowed out to 16m, and real smooth, my brother in-law was up that way, and did fair. Can go 30mph.!! WOW!! Seemed any jig or color, didn't matter still didn't bite....however, can't win all the time, so heading back several times yet this year! Still can't wait for the next trip. Hope this helps you out!?? Gator

Thanks for the update. I heard the same report from a house just 100yds south of the rock on the east edge of the rock. Said it was picking up this afternoon though.

Do they usually plow that road directly on top of the reef after the rock? Seems like a goofy thing to do. We saw all the trucks around the rock and kept going, got away from the crowds and did great.

Quote:

The road is great, plowed out to 16m, and real smooth, my brother in-law was up that way, and did fair. Can go 30mph.!! WOW!!

Wow is right. Keep driving 30mph out there and we won't have a road to drive on!

Fished 16m Sunday and did well enough to be satisifed. Averaged some sort of fish every 20 minutes or so. Ended up keeping 9 for us with some too big and small a like.

Started this morning at Gull Rock and zip, notta, nill for the first 2 hours and that was enought to go back out to 16 where we did not do as good as yesterday.

So, misery loves compnay on Gull. Glad to see it was just not us.

Tomorrow is another day and it could be Gull's turn!!!

Road is GREAT> Hats of to Babbler - he sure gets it done.

we were so. of gull 1/2 mile realy slow, they were down there but not willing, went to 16m there they were alittle more willing....and of course gold be the color.