Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskieMoore18

Lake Tetonka

13 posts in this topic

I was wondering if willow point is a good spot for walleyes because i noticed that it drops off pretty fast and i thought that would be a good place to fish for them. I have never fished this lake, so any tips for walleyes or northerns would be appreciated!

It seems like their feeding window is real short in that area. I would focus on the transition areas and cover between there and Best Point. Take a good hard look in 20 - 30' of water during the day and then get yourself right up to the face of "the break" in 10 - 15' of water when the sun sets below the trees.

Good Luck!

Thanks T.O. that will help! I have heard a lot about best point in a lot of forums. but it doesn't show up on the map. which point is best point if you don't mind me asking?

GO PAST THE TURN FROM THA PUBLIC ACCESS ...CAN'T MISS IT

Straight W of Willow Point on the S shoreline. Best Point Resort is right on the point which includes a handful of small cabins. Like LC said, you can't miss it.

I was looking to try a new spot on the lake and was wondering if straight east of willow point around the rocks off of rocky point is a good place to look for some perch, walleye, and pike. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Absolutely but this time of year, during the day, I would focus off the structure. Suspended baitfish often drives the fishes feeding patterns until the sun sets. When the sun sets, the fish may stay suspended out deeper or head to the rocks. Have holes punched in each area so that you can bounce back and forth.

Thanks for the info, planning on heading there on Monday I'll report back how we did.

Hey T.O. those tips helped for a somewhat successful outing today on tetonka! my buddy and i ended up catching some walleyes in the 13-18" range! They were biting light so we had a few misses but overall a good outing!

How was the ice. Wife can't walk far and we are looking for a place to catch some eyes or pannies. can you drive on Tetonka yet?

Are there some other lakes its ok to drive on yet? I'm not that brave so always proceed with caution.

Thanks for any help.

Bitz

ice was about 13" where i fished but its spotty in places. i wouldnt chance it.

I'm glad you got on some fish.

Fished Tetonka this morning from 8 till 11 with little success. Set up in 13 feet and fished out to 26. Had two flags pop with nothing and caught two jumbo perch. Many fish at 26 feet would come up look at the bait, but not bite! Tried a few different things, but not much worked!