Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big_Cahuna

Wireless broadband connectivty on the ice

9 posts in this topic

Ocassionally work requires me to get connected to the Internet even on days off. Knowing I was going to be on the ice when this occurred I bought a aT&T wireless broadband card. Anyone else have one? I'm trying to find out how good the coverage is. I'll fish in the Brainerd area, Mille Lacs, Upper Red and around Bemidji. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Big Cahuna

I have the sprint broadband and it works better than my cell phone for signal. I dont have a problem in that area.

Does your sprint card work on the whole lake? I tried last year, and didn't get very good coverage on the north east end.

Thanks.

I used to have a sprint card but it was only high speed when I was in major areas. Yes I got connected most places but at dial up speed which meant 5 min downloading a simple pdf file. No Thanks! Not worth the frustration.

I know at URL that at&t phones dont work, so the internet probably wont either. I loose coverage right around Black Duck!

I have the mobile broadband card from Qwest (same as Sprint) It sucks when it's picking up dial up but it is better than nothing. I will be testing on URL this weekend, we'll see how she works.

I use my UNICEL phone at home and it is much better than normal dial up. I used to use Wild Blue but became to expensive to repair. I know UNICEL reception is real good on Red. Also the cost is only 15 mo for UNICEL (VERIZON) home area and 35 for nationwhide. I have used a card before with the same success.

Got it. Thanks to everyone.

I am posting this from Upper Red Lake, 5 miles out on Hillmans road.