• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pike Lake in New Brighton

I live in Fridley and have never heard of anyone fishing Pike Lake. It is not all that deep and is quite a small lake. I would not be surprized to see fish in it but I would think the Lake would be more aptly named "PUNY LITTLE PANFISH LAKE".

Of you are talking about the Golden Lake up hear Lexingon/Lino Lakes area it is part of the Rice Creek Chain of lakes that starts up near Peltier. It was stocked with Catfish a few years back and has panfish as well. There have been reports over the years of the occaisional Northern but I suspect those were probably just moving through Rice Creek. Golden is more of a Catfish lake now like the man says.

That's too bad about Pike lake, it seems there is always fish in these type of lakes...the ones nobody really cares about. Oh well.