Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Wettschreck

Sarah this weekend

18 posts in this topic

Guys and gals....... Myself, Mrs boilerguy (for a while), and Harvey Lee will be fishing Sarah this weekend. There will be a few others that come and go, I'm sure. If you are interested in joining in, all are invited. We're going to target perch during the day and switch over to walleye in the evening/night.

I have a maroon 87 Chev pickup. It has Ice Leaders and Fishing Minnesota decals on the rear windshield. We'll be in a blue fish house with white trim. We will be getting on the lake from the county park on the west side. If you are out there, stop on by, have a beverage of your choice, meet and greet, and give us your GPS coordinates of your hot spots!!! grin.gif

On my way Sunday morning to wake you bums up... After discussions last night I am going to bring "MNman" with me as well. Don't catch all the perch on Saturday! I will give you a buzz about what angle you would like the sun before we show up. Also let me know if you will need refills of suds!

I may have to get in on some sarah action sunday but I wont be able to tell you until tomorrow night as it depends on how the gills cooperate tomorrow. We will likely be there though. how much ice is up that way? Foot traffic, 4 wheeler traffic, truck?

Talked to Boiler tonight on the phone, he put his perm house out there and is spending the night in it. I plan on being there Sunday about 9am.

sounds like a plan. I'm pretty sure were going to make it. I dont have a total count for today but it's nothing too great. If I wouldnt have gotten two eyes out of a SW MN lake right before dark it would have been alot worse.

Well fellas, things surely did not turn out the way I wished. The Mrs and I hit the lake Friday after work. One stinkin eye all night. Harvey Lee showed up Saturday and nothing all day. We crashed at my place and figured we'd take a stab at it Sunday morning.........nothing. mad.gif There was a fairly serious exodus of fish houses leaving the past couple of days. No worries, the bite will come back.

Chris, good to see ya again. Were you planning on going to the Otter Run next weekend?

CC, I'll give you a call sometime this week.

Unfortunately our day didn't improve much after we left you guys. we headed to shetek talked to a few guys who had been there all morning and even had a bite so we then proceded to bean where we caught several small fish after a couple hours of that we checked Double, Long, Louisa, Oaks, Talcot and fished the lake I mentioned to you. It was such a well kept secret that there were only two other people and all we seen we a few small ones. That was the last place we fished but we checked out East and West Graham on the way back to Worthington and there were people on both but from what i've heard they have both been night bites.

I am still planning on the Otter Run this weekend but it would sure be nice if I didn't have to make the trip by myself.

If you want you can jump in with us

cc, do you have room in your truck for 3? I can bring my smaller otter cabin and fish outta that by myself and I also have a voyager you guys can use. If we can let's get all 3 of us on the road. Makes it cheaper.

If one of you has a two man I can bring my Scout it takes up almost no room.

I have a voyager 2 man. Sounds good Chris. Bring your scout and we're good to go!!!

Sounds great! Do you have a meeting place and time figured out too? You can email me if its easier for you cakrull @yahoo

I have to talk to CC and I'll e-mail ya. I will probably meet up in Windom. If you are coming from Worthington maybe you can hook up with CC around his place???? I'll be calling him tomorrow to set things up. If we meet in Windom we should meet up at around 5 or so.

I work real close to Windom so we can all stash our trucks and stuff we arn't bringing where I work. No one will mess with it there.

I have a 4 door crew cab and I will be pulling my trailer with the wheeler on it, so whatever you bring we should be able to accomodate, Krull, I will shoot you an email tomorrow as to when we can meet up at my place, then you can just jump in and we can go. I figure hour 45 to hour 50 to get there from Brewster. I was thinking we should leave no later than 4:45am. I will be bringing my small 2 man frabill gt prowler.

Here we go. Why don't Chris and CC hook up at CC's place, and meet up with me in the Runnings parking lot in Windom at 5 am.

CC, how about you leave your Frabil at home, and I'll bring my Voyager. It's a little bigger and will give us more room for when you start processing chili. grin.gif

Im up for anything just let me know and if he's gonna be processing chili im more than happy to fish on my own.

To tell you the truth, I really have no where to put my portable other than where it stays all winter long... the back of my truck. I would put it in my suburban but the wife is going to need to use the 3rd seat this weekend. And we don't want to make mamma mad. Eric, do you have a cover for your sled? if so, we can put it in the trailer or we can just lift it on top of mine it the back of my truck... I have a topper by the way. My trailer has full sides. I think we are fine if we all wanted to bring our own, not that we have to, but I think we can, we should though converg and use only one auger and such. that would save major space. I will be totally honest when I say my personal auger is not the best. Eric you saw what we use when I fish with the rest of the crew I own perm houses with... yep the Nils. Not sure if they will let me take it, but I will try. Give me tomorrow to get caught back up at work after two screwy weeks with holidays in the middle and I will get in touch with both of you Thursday for sure.

I have no problem Bringing my auger (gas or hand) your choice.