Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Jeff

Underwater Camera question

13 posts in this topic

Thanks to great family and freinds I have some money avalible for an underwater camera in the $200 range. Any pointers are helpful, thank you. I do like to fish at night are there any that work better for that?

Big Jeff:

Look at the "Fish TV" thread in this forum for some info.

Take a look at the Marcum VS250. It looks like a great camera for the price. I've got the VS500 and have been very happy with it. There may have been some improvements in the light features since I bought mine, but to be honest I pack my camera up and switch to the LX5 in the evening. It does work, but you really can't see that far and if there are a lot of particles in the water it's like driving in a snow storm with your high beams on.

dooooooont look at the fish tv's unless you want to change d batteries all day and they are not very good....

I bought a Scout XL from Aqua-vu at the show in St. Paul for about $20 off list. I have used it a few times and I like it. It allows me to see how the fish are reacting to the bait and presentation. They are about 199 now. It has the infared lights on it, but about 10 minutes after sunset, it is worthless. I am not sure if any of the cameras are worth a darn at night.

I vote for the Marcum VS250, This is my second year with it and it has worked great thus far! Not much help after the sun goes down but it does pretty good in low light conditions during the day! Good luck

I just bought a Marcum 350 for 169.99 and got an additional 10 gift card from Sportsman Warehouse in Woodbury. Works great...

fly61----Thanks for the tip on the 350...I had just bought the vs250 at gander.....took it back swaped it for the 350 and got it for the same price....no questions asked, all I did was tell them that Sportsmans Wharehouse was selling the 350 for ganders 250 price....

anyone try the flood light attachment on the aquaviews? I recently put one on my camera but have yet to try it out

I bought the flood light this year. It works GREAT!!

The inf. Red lights don't do #@$#.

I suggest the flood light.

Jeff,

I have a Marcum, and there product is awesome. I love the way that it works for me when im on the lake ither in the winter or summer.

I would highly suggest it.

Do they sell the flood light attaschment for a marcum? Although, I tried my marcum for the first time last night. I was actually really suprised....after hearing so many say they are useless at night....I thought it worked pretty good....granted the snow effect was there but tolerable and I could still see my jig pretty clear, and definitely see fish moving in to bite....I thought the infared lights did a pretty good job. I am pleased with the night performance

Thanks for all the advice, I think I am going to wait another year to pick one up or see if I can find a deal at the end of the year. I decided I will enjoy my first portable and my vexilir and next year after I get the hang of this new equipment I will see about getting into a camera, I wish the fishing $$ jar was endless but it sounds like its about 250-300 for one that will really work. I hope you are all out there catching fish and having fun!!!! Good luck and be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!1