Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LODFFB

Ice Update after X-mas

12 posts in this topic

Just wondering what the thicknesses are out there. Was to the Outlaws over X-mas but I did get a Fleet Farm gift card I think I can find some Ice fishing stuff there.

Long has 14" under our house

16-18" on Green at castle flats & middle bar

Thinking about heading up to green this weekend. Is anyone driving out there with trucks or should i plan on bringing the wheeler?

Drove around Green yesterday and there were trucks scattered about the lake. Wasn't able to fish though so I can't comment on the ice thickness.

eyehead, which long lake are you refering to?

By willmar

Diamond has around 17. Elizabeth has 14-16 inches.

thanks eyehead.

Rippin Lips

If you take your dad's truck you'll be fine.

Owen.

Was on Green thurs. on east side, Ice 12 to 14" one tons driving around! I dont trust that lake, drove my 4whlr out pulling my little house on wheels. Saw a lot o eyes!!!! could'nt makem bite, if i had a kitchen sink i'd thrown it atm!!!!!!!!!!! confused.gif

Was out on green yesterday (three miles out from Spicer). Lots of people driving. We took snowmobiles out. Ice was thicker than my ice dipper was long but it did not look like good clear ice. It looked like a good quater to half of it was milky white.