Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twitch34

Beaver lake activity?

12 posts in this topic

I'm new to the forum but I've learned a lot just reading the posts. I'd only fished trout streams before moving to MN, so I have really enjoyed the variety here!

Anyone been out on Beaver lake recently? I fished there a bit in the summer but I have no idea how it does under ice, (ice condition, bite) I'm planning on getting out tommorrow and the weekend but didn't want to drive that far without knowing anything. Always learning. Thanks

Wish I could help you. I haven't been there yet either and it's definately a drive in the event of a skunking,(happenned twice on that lake last year!). If you do make it there this weekend write either a post or shoot me an e-mail if you get a chance, let me know if it was worth the drive. Thanx!

There's a deep hole right out in front of the dock. We've fished that area in years past. Had a little luck with eye's and one rather large northern on a tipup.

We've been skunked on Beaver lake enough times for me to think we're best trying our luck elsewhere from now on.

If you give it a whirl, hope you get into some.

Rebeleye

Maybe you should try the Faribault area? It'd be about the same drive from Rochester and would have more lakes to try if it is real slow on the first lake you drill into.

Thanks for the thoughts... Long story short 12 hours, 18 or more holes yeilded 1 bite. Ouch. Think I will stick to the Faribault area. Hey who needs the gym when you can drag a sled for 2 miles and drill 20 holes with a dull auger in a day smile.gif

I fish the lake regularly. Going out today again. Bite slow. Christmas weekend found some small perch to throw back. Heard of a couple walleye caught about half way down the north side of lake but did not see personaly. Try to find 20 ft to fish.

Went out today for about 2 hours. Marked some fish on the bottom, 2 schools of small perch just under the ice. no keepers

fished it yesterday afternoon for about 3 hrs and yielded 10 crappie. no eyes today but got one 14in last week.

when i was here a couple weeks ago i was catchin a couple decent eyes 15-17in, every time i went out. Anybody been there lately, just wondering if they're still biting!

Have seen lots of big houses out there of late. Any on catching anything?

cousin own bens bait box in town, and says guys are catching eyes out there alot and decent crappie

Few eyes are being caught again but its been a late late nite bite