Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingmedic

Night Bite on Ottertail

5 posts in this topic

As in my other post we are heading to ottertail this weekend. I have never night fished ottertail. Checking to see if it is worth a try or not. I really enjoy night fishing and would give ottertail a try if it is worth it.

Haven't been out real recently, but in past years there are "runs" of fish in between long pauses of little or no action. It can be worth it, but just like any fishing, it's hard to guarantee any consistent bite at night.

Good Luck,

MJ

MJ at night do you head into the shallower flats or same day spots?

It varies. I've had mixed results. If my permanent house is on a break, it's usually not on top or bottom, but on the side of the break. I will then fish around it, outside on the shallow side at night and the deep side of it otherwise. Even though I have a hardside that stays on the lake, I often "troll" around it. The fish typically are on the move. I'm not being very specific here because if I told you one thing, the fish would do the other. crazy.gif

I guess what I'm saying is that when you find good structure fish all aspects of it and good luck!

MJ

Thanks for the info MJ I think I will try it out this weekend.