Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WildernessWarmth

COVE BAY ICE REPORT 12/27-7:00 PM

6 posts in this topic

well here we go, not much ice has been made in the last week except on our roads. The bay road has about 14-17 inches depending which end of the bay. The ice thickness off the road in the bay is between 11-14 inches depending on snow cover and there are still many spots with slush! Our road to the main lake has between 12-14 inches and the ice thickness off the road is between 9-10 inches with some spots less under slush! We need COLD WEATHER to make ice and freeze up the hidden spots of slush. We hope to get to our other structures soon, but we need more ice for vehicle travel to these spots. We recommend light houses and atv or snomobiles for main lake travel off the roads. There is still a lot of snow cover on the bay and main lake causing a nice insulation barrier and preventing the slush and water from freezing. And please 10 mph speed with vehicles on roads (THANKS)remember to block your houses up high when leaving to prevent any slush from freezeing down your house (WE KNOW MOST PEOPLE KNOW BUT FOR THOSE WHO DON'T) GOOD LUCK,BE PATIENT ICE WILL COME AND MOST OF ALL BE SAFE,CHECK ICE CONDITIONS AND LET'S GET SOME FISH!!! (JAY)

Jay, thanks for the report.

Do not drop an axle or a truck threw!!!!!! blush.gif

Great to hear though!

Ha, ha, ha! Funny guy! We won't do that again - even though people are trying to push us we are sticking to our guns for our safety and our customers. Hope to see you soon, good hearing from you. Happy Holidays!

I figure you would stick to your guns cool.gif.

Its Mill Laces though. When she wants ya, she will take ya. Thats what I figure. She just spit you back grin.gif. Crazy guy! cool.gif

I can still here your voice going Ha,Ha,Ha in my mind, Jay.

We will see ya soon!

so jay are you letting trucks out to pull wheelhouse's? or is still only atv's? confused.gif

Yes we are letting trucks pull smaller wheel houses out however suggest using atvs for the larger ones. We will plow spots off the road for wheel houses.