• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I did hold back somewhat. It wouldn't be fun if someone told you where to go, what to use and when to fish to catch them. I'm all for sharing some info, but not giving everything away, that's how lakes get overfished!!

I haven't been out for over a week now due to holiday obligations, but I've been told that the water clarity in Belle has dropped quite a bit from what it once was the last time I was out. I was very surprised at how clear it was the first time I got out there this winter compared to how murky it was last winter and all summer. My guess is the last little warm up we had caused some run-off to seep into the lake and dirty it up. It was kinda fun fishing in clean water for a change!

its great how the number of houses out there doubled scince last weekend,,, and they keep on going out as if word didn't used to spread fast enough by word of mouth now you have everybody online scouting for hot lakes as well.....

I noticed that too. From Christmas day to yesterday, the houses on the lake doubled (at least). Why I don't know because there's not much being caught out there.

The amount of houses is retarded. Once someone decided to drive out with a house behind, the flood gates opened. The racket last night was terrible. Once things settled down we did manage a couple eyes inbetween those 8" monster crappies......

All i am hoping for is for it to get unbearably cold out so the rifraft stay at home and watch TV so the lake can settle down a bit.... Looking at the forcast for tomorrow...my wish may be granted.

But next weekend will be retarded busy again with the warmer weather.

Hopefully people let the main path freeze over for a little bit. The right hand path works fine but the main path is easier to navigate with the wheel house behind.....on second thought, maybe that is a good thing. Yeah right.

It is just stupid but I am sure it will get worse before it gets better. It takes about 1 week for it to get to the metro that you can catch all of the 6-7 inch crappies you want (with the occasional walleye, probably 10 inches).

I think it is flipping funny that there are about 600? acres or so of ice but only 20 acres are getting fished. I see there about 15 houses out there that haven't fallen for the "decoy"!

Monkey see, monkey do!

If you want that other path to freeze over, just pile some snow in front of it like some guy did last week right at the main access blocking off the entire lake. Unbelievable how people lose their minds during ice fishing. I guess the DNR had a little heart to heart with the fellow after that, letting him know that it's not HIS lake. smirk.gif

so if you are catching only 6-7 inch crappies while don't you go to a differnt lake were you can catch bigger ones

Yeah, the guy plows a road out there and people started showing up out of the wood work, so he went and plowed a big pile of snow on the ice right before the landing. Then, some idiot tried to plow through that and got stuck. I guess since it's public water and he didn't pile the snow on the landing, the sherrif said he could do what he wanted. (story told to me 2nd-hand)

Just to let anyone know that hasn't ventured out on Belle yet, the ice varies from 13-17". I had 17" in one hole and 10 feet away there was only 13". I've been hearing about 17" of ice out there, and while it's true there are spots with that much ice, it's not consistent by any means.

just so u kno that there is someone out there watching the landings and steeling stuff. i had all my rods and my vex and tackle stolen out of the back of my truck. they ripped the topper open. they even had the nerve to take gas out of my tank. so keep an eye out for the theives!! mad.gif

north landing night of dec 29-30...limitout i think u were there do u have custom plates??

I was there, but had nothing in my truck as I take pretty much everything with me.

ya my buddies ordered pizza so i brought my stuff back to my truck so i wouldnt have to carry it walkin to the landing in the morning and that was a big mistake

That's gay, what a bunch of losers. Even living in "Minnesota" I don't trust anyone or anyplace. If they can see into your vehicle, they can steal it.

It's hard to miss his personlized plates, so yeah, It's him.

ya some ppl r just retarded and r just looking to rob the wrong person and end up in a bad place...ya i seen the plates and figured it was him...all i can say is atleast i caught a decent walleye

BigCrappie, that sucks, I know the feeling.

I think it's the closer you get to Hutch, the more you have to worry. My uncle has had his fish house been broken into once on Hook and once on Erie. Or maybee it was twice on Erie. It can sit all year on Howard, Cokato or Collinwood and it doesnt get messed with.

Thing that sucks for ppl who do plow to there house is that then everyone seems to come to the end of the road and sits right next to you thinking thats the spot. Really sucks for older gentleman that put there hard work in finding a spot and like it and once theres a road it gets fished out in a week.

and some people chuckle at why I carry my "little" friend with me when I go ice fishing......

Any news of trouble on the lake?

I hesitantly left my permanent out there. It has been vacant since new years eve....

I do have family that fish daily near my house but that is no guarantee....

I know a few years back that Belle had a string of break ins where the jerks cleared the house out and caused as much damage as possible.

On a lighter note.... Have the houses started branching south or southwest from the miny city yet?

Are you going to be up at all this weekend? If not, I can do a "drive-by" for you if you want me to. I'll be heading up sometime this weekend. Shoot me an email with some sort of description and location and I'll be happy to see if everything looks OK.

Thanks!

I threw you an email and will maybe see you this weekend one day.

No problem. I'm not sure how long I'm going to be up there this weekend. I think I'm going to pull the house for a while and get the Otter out since it'll be nice. Maybe try some other lakes.

Well, it happened. Went out to my house today to take it off the lake only to find that some fine, outstanding citizen pried my door open and took some of my things. I was out there Wednesday evening so it had to happen either that night or last night.

I'm hope their parents are proud of their little darlings. mad.gif

After I got it off the lake my mom called me and I told her what had happened. She couldn't believe it and wondered why people do stuff like that and why nobody is out there patrolling. I explained to her some things since she's not familiar with ice fishing and how it's done down here (my folks live in ND and don't fish). I kinda had to chuckle when she said someone should be sitting out there with a rifle and scope. grin.gif That's ND justice, and you won't find this crap happening up there like it does here in "Minnesota Nice" country, which is the biggest crock of crap I've ever heard. smirk.gif

That's crap indeed!!!

Well at least you didn't stay out on the lake as I did all weekend. Had a 21" at 4:30 saturday morning, moved because of the inpending crowd that was going to be on their way out, didn't have a line go down after that....

Might try another spot or 2 though. Did some talkin, sifted through 90 percent of the bull**** and decided I will give Belle one more try before moving the house up to Red for the remainder of the year.