Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dances with Walleye

Summer Camper Park?

1 post in this topic

Say, this winter I'm parking my wheel house (Converted Camper into an ice house) on Mille Lacs...

But when this season is over my contact up there is retiring... I'm wondering if you guys know of a place I can drop the camper cheap to use for the summer around ML or Brainerd Lakes area.

I don't need much... (It's all DC, so I don't even need electric hook ups) Just a porta potty on premesis, a place to park the truck and boat trailer... A communal fire pit or something like that would be a bonus.

I don't need any kind of marina slip... I'm fine with Launching and landing...

My buddy who said I could keep it at his lake lot from Opener to Labor Day for $200 changed his mind, so now I'm in a scratch... And I know that cheap places like I'm seeking tend to fill up quick, once it's time to pull the houses off the ice.

Any info appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Rick G
      And just like that, it's open water time.... Got a few small ones today... felt good to have the long rod out again 
    • chucker1101
      I catch saugers in rivers or in lakes with large river tributaries - they seem to be more of a river fish. Given there aren't big feeder rivers into V, i'm not surprised by lack of saugers. I've never caught one in V, nor have i heard of anyone.  
    • Wheres_Walter
      From the MN DNR-   The walleye is native to most of Minnesota, flourishing in large, shallow, windswept lakes with gravel shoals, such as Mille Lacs, Leech, Winnibigoshish, Upper and Lower Red Lake, Lake of the Woods and Lake Vermilion. It is also native to many smaller lakes and steams in all of Minnesota's major drainages. Because of its popularity as a game and food fish, the walleye was introduced to many other lakes, where it has become established. The walleye now occupies about 1,700 lakes totaling 2 million acres and 100 warm-water streams totaling 3,000 miles.
    • HugeHogChaser
      I have a few different rods. The one i was originally referring to i am using for crankbaits.  i have a jig and worm rod as well. I have mastered the cast, just trying to learn more about leaders. Thanks! Do you recommend i use 17# test for my worm and jig rod?
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      As far as I know walleyes are native to almost every lake that they are found in up north. Cliff