Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wood_dog

ice conditions

5 posts in this topic

Coming up for the weekend. What are the ice conditions on the smaller lakes? Is there too much snow for ATVs?

Thanks

Getting to be lots of snow. I think you should bring a snowmobile if you have one. The ice really varies. I talked with a guy today about Fishook. He said he checked at spot with 18 inches, then another spot about 200 yards away, it was 6 inches. I did hear the fish were biting. Come on up, good luck.

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately, I don't have sleds, only wheelers. Walking is an option that would also help with the extra Xmas pounds. smirk.gif

Well you could try your wheeler, it's not impassible, it's right at the in betweener stage. You may make it, you may lose a few pounds getting unstuck. Either way, you win.

That and a couple fish and I've hit the trifecta!!!!!