Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
57johnson

driving to 5 mile

10 posts in this topic

Anyone driving a half ton and wheel house to 5 mile, looking to drag the wheelhouse out there friday. How is the snow? Is anyone going to plow a road from Warroad again this year? I'd be happy to chip in for that service. I would consider 12 mile if there was a road from rocky point.

ttt

Yep - there's a truck path that parallels Heath's bomber trail out there. 4WD is recommended. Nothing is plowed as of last night.

Isn't there a road from Springsteel to the south tip?Where is that in relation to 5 mile?c63

Springsteel crew finished their plow track to the S-tip late last week Chris. 5mile is pretty much straight S of the S-tip around about 4 miles. It sits nearly smack dab in the middle of Muskeg bay 5 miles out from Warroad.

fiskyknut

Another dumb question,where is cedar point in relation to south tip.Or you just say buy a good map you cheap skate! grin.gifc63

Hmmm Cedar Point, stumped me there must be in Canadian waters somewheres maybe, either that or you mean Elm Point!!

Yes,my mistake Elm point,then I'm assuming your reference to south tip is the same as buffalo point?That is where the nice sand bar is dividing the canadian/us boarder right?That guy with the red&white permanent (Pilot I think?)sets his out there often.(A freind of Jake's)c63

Ya man you may just wanna break out the BIG beans and get yourself a map eh!!

Hmmm, how to explain? There is Buffalo point and the south tip of Buffalo point. These are both mainland Manitoba, Buffalo to the N and South Buffalo to the south {duh!}. The waters just out from, or south of the South tip are US waters waters of Muskeg Bay. The border runs east out into the lake from there for a couple of miles as well and there is a sandbar nearshore there which you may be reffering to. "Whiskey Flats" sits out here to the east along the border as well and you may be thinking of that?

If I was more puter savvy I'd send you something mapwise off my LM software but that would be a hairpuller!!

After some musty closet searching(yuk,too much info)I found my old where to catch 'em LOW map.Wow this thing brings back the memories when my bro used to teach in warroad.He rented that a frame house by the golf course(on the course)and Marina.Thanx for the info fisk,we'll be comming your way in Feb..can't wait!c63