Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icechipper

Vexilar FL 12

5 posts in this topic

Anyone have the new FL 12? Do you like the flat surface area? Can you see it ok in the sunlight? Any other pros or cons to the unit? Currently have a FL 8 and looking to upgrade.

I have a FL-12 I use when my kids go with. The new larger flat screen is great....no issues in the sun. I like the fact that I can watch and help my kids understand the flasher when a fish is approaching their jig.....all while sitting in my seat next to them. The built in low power mode is another nice option the FL-8 doesn't have.

Chad

If you are upgrading why not get the 18 or 20? The zoom is nice as would be the dual 'ducer. I have the (fairly new) 12 and want to upgrade that.

I looked at the 20 & 18 as options too. Most of my fishing is in less than 20' of water, so zoom wouldn't really matter to me I don't think. Plus I like the price of the 12, fits the budget better.

If you are fishing shallow then I would choose the 19 degree cone angle. I have the 12 and in shallow water I would prefer the 19. Some times I will lose sight of my jig if I have the line running far enough away from the transducer within the 8 inch hole. This only happens in about 1-4 feet of water but it is annoying.