Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JustinG

Yo Great Outdoors!

3 posts in this topic

Hey Dude,

Just got off Shag with the snowmobile...and just as we expected- Bad News. That snow is pretty deep out there and there is alot of water and slush. Pretty nasty looking slush too! Its real yellow colored and just a sloppy mess. There are alot of areas that the water has soaked all the way through to the top of the snow layer and that stuff is really black looking. I think you are right in that its going to be a snowmobile travel season. We are going to have to come up with a route and pack some trails down to go after those trout.

Justin

Just as I figured, but really hoped to be wrong! frown.gif

Talked to Denny at Smitty's on Snowbank this afternoon.

6 inches of ice (before this stuff) in the bay, didn't dare trying to go out on the lake further.

He doesn't know if they will be able to have the houses out by the opener, or at all trout season.

Whole lotta slush!!

Yeah, that doesn't sound good. I don't think Dave D. is going to be putting his house out there next week, either. Temps don't look good for the next 7 days for freezing anything. The holes in my fish house weren't even frozen after 5 days!!

Justin