Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 post in this topic

Am heading up to Longville to try for crappie on Blackwater and Woman Lake. Wondering if anyone has had any luck on Blackwater this year or last?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• eyeguy 54
      not the best if you want to move around a lot.  it's ok to drag it set up but a bugger if windy. if moving far not that tough to pop down and pop back up. when i fished in wind I used the vehicle as a block and that helped. also used the ropes with tie down screws when needed. but I tied nice ropes onto the hubs that were easy to work with.  I never used the bag till storing time in the spring. I just collapsed mine and used a few bungee cords to hold it together, much easier. good luck and have fun!  
    • jramsber
      Do you find the pop up style easy to set up and take down if you want to move around a lot?  Do you have to use ice anchors most of the time?  Thanks for the reply. 
    • gunner55
      We bought a Eskimo 949i a couple seasons ago & like that. Got a good deal at L & M year end clearance for $259. Biggest complaint I've heard on them is people trying to get them back in the travel bag out on the ice. We wait until we get back to the garage so it can warm up & dry out some. 
    • PGF
      Looking forward to seeing everyone up there again! Rengel thinks he is going to reclaim the Nord Lord trophy again
    • jramsber
      I am looking at a new portable shelter this year. It would be ideal to get one that fits 3-4 people so I can take my whole family out. I am looking at the clam x400. My concern is the weight. Does anybody have experience lifting this unit up in the back of a truck or dragging it around or to move from spot to spot?  Any suggestions of other shelters to look at would be great. Thanks!