Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Team Otter

Lake Hanska Travel Directions...

Team Otter

WARNING: Lake Hanska Newbie...

I'm thinking of fishing Lake Hanska Thursday afternoon and evening and all day Friday but the problem is, I've never been in the area. Could someone please provide directions to the Lake Hanska County Park and/or the Geiger Landing from Le Sueur, MN? Approximate travel time would be nice to know too, if possible.

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

1lkstage

Let me hollar at Duncan- aka -Woody

woody1975

From Lesuer, you are looking at about an hour and 15 mins. drive.

Take 169/60 south through Mankato

Take a right on 68 just south of Mankato.

About 4 or 5 miles down the road, take a left on Blue Earth cty rd. 11.

This will take you through a few stop signs, but eventually you will hit Brown county rd 13 (about 25 miles). Take a left on 13 and you will be in Hanska.

When you get to Hanska you will take the 2nd right. The Muni will be on your left after you take the right.

You will now be heading west. When you get to the end of town (Its only about 2 or 3 blocks) you need to make a decision - Geigers point or the Main landing. If you want to go to Geigers - Continue to go straight on Cty rd 20. You will go about 8 miles on 20. The Geiger point landing is on the left. The lake will be on your left (you will turn away from the lake for about 4 miles, but it will show up on your left again. Geigers point is about 2 miles before the end of the lake.

If you want the main landing, at the end of Hanska, take the left after the stock yards Cty 6. You will be heading south on 6 and you will go about 7 miles eventually heading west. You will pass a few gravel pits on either side of the road. Go past them and you will see the public landing on the right side.

Remember there is no bait in Hanska, so bring it.

If you have any other questions or clarification, email me at duncanlarson@hotmail.com

Good Luck

DL

delta hunter

Other wise try going to MSN and click on maps/directions. You can zoom in and click on a spot and it should give you a direct route to that spot! You can look at sat. image of the area and you should be able to spot the landings that I pointed out to you in that map I e-mailed you a while back!

Team Otter

Perfect. Thanks a ton!

Lots of snow that direction too?

woody1975

Yeh - We got plenty of snow.

delta hunter

Lake is completely covered with snow, but easily driveable. Just look for the old drifts. They sure can sneek up on you!!! Caught a couple tonight around 16", released. Bite as been kinda slow for me the past couple times out. Looking to hit some new spots come Friday, depending on weather!

1lkstage

Mr. woody, maybe another time. Will scout for you some other day. The sled is locked, loaded, and heading in a different direction. Tom D and I are headed due east. See yeah wednesday, Happy New Year.

Lonnie

redrocketangler

delta would you be kind enough to share this map with me too

as the dnr site does not have it.

delta hunter

Sorry to say this guys, but there is not a updated map for Lake Hanska since they dredged it. Now if some one got a hold of one from the company that dredged it would be nice to see. The only way I know of some of the things that I do is just from fishing out there and moving around and hear say that I check out when I have the chance!

fishingguy

I have seen an old map of the SE bay north to the park floating around. It has nothing from the park west to godahl or gieger landings. It is mainly hand drawn. My guess is it was or is a guide for the dredge, or done by memory of one of the operators. But it is reasonably accurate as I've seen. I have talked to a few that worked on the dredge trying to find a guide map or something, with no luck.

I have not been near as adventurous as delta, He and a few others have put in countless hours searching, scouting, drilling holes and fishing new spots, making a mental map. I mainly fish the places I know, or are given a tip on, or are invited to.

woody1975

Hey Otter,

How did you end up doing on Hanska last week?

It has been pretty consistant for us the last couple weeks. Tried to get 1lkstage out there last Friday, but the lure of lakes closer to Mankato ended up pulling him away.

Later,

DL

Team Otter

I did not make it over. The bite was too good around Le Sueur for me to leave.

Darn gas prices. smirk.gif