Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
37MAX

bald eagle

22 posts in this topic

anyone going to bald eagle today?

I am thinking about it. Is the ice good enough for ATV travel?

Does anyone know if the boat launch is closed I thought I heard it was but I am not sure. Thanks.

Its open. Get there early, as parking can be a pain.

I was out the 24th 10-3 not prime hours but found a lot of perch, no real size but it was fun. ATV was fine then but there where a few slush pockets. Not sure what all the snow did to that last night 25th and today. I would say ATV is ok still just have 2 and one with a wench.

MY OPINION ONLY...

8 to 10 inches in the 3 spots I fished.

Was out last night. close to 14 inches of ice. 12 of it was nice and clear. 4 small eyes.

You still don't have a avitar up yet.do you need help?

Go to the north end of the lake for the northerns by the new landing dock, was out there lastweekend and there was four inches of ice. have not been back since

Where is the access on the north end? I didn't know there was a public access on that end.

it is not a public access you have to park your vehicle on the side road and walk on. its about a 400 yard walk on the ice to get over by the new docks they built

Do you have to cross private land to get to the lake? Can a trailer be parked there?

was out last night only fished from 6:30 to 9:30 caught 3 14-15 inch walleyes and about 6 crappies between 2 of us. about 10 inches good ice then also 3 inches frozen slush. would stayed longer but had bad night on the ice . the recoil broke on the auger and ran out of propane so had to leave. and thanks to guy who let us use his auger.

Is there a general "good depth" to fish bald eagle?

depends on what your going after. walleyes 17-20 feet and crappies are everywhere just go 20+

yeah, crappies 20-30, right now pike about 10-18 id say, havent fished eyes in the winter out there. maybe this year.

no you dont have to cross private land, and yes you can park your trailer on the side of the road and ride a wheeler out there if needed

are you better off going out to bald eagle after dark for the eyes and crappies

Do you guys go out from the park launch?.....I'm on foot so is that the quickest way to 20-30 FOW?

my other half's parents live on Bald Eagle near the launch so all I have to do is park at their place and walk out from there. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif By foot, the launch would be the quickest place to get to that depth.

walk out from the access as soon as you get past the point you will all the groups of houses. which have well packed down snow for easy foot travel. all groups of houses fish the deeper holes. pick how far you want to travel

Ok thanks for the info! I'll give it a try tonight and post when I get back.

Well I drove by the park there and the lot was filled up pretty good and it looked like a total ZOO out there so I tryed White Bear instead. I'll have to try it this week sometime.