• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How's the ice and the bite? Is the early ice bite over yet? It's been many years since I lived up there and fished the good ol stinky ditch. Am thinking of coming up this weekend. I was up there last fall and saw they changed the parking situation. Can you still walk down the rocks?

Thx!

Ice conditions terrible, not a lot of ice, deep snow, slush, ish!!! mad.gif

Some morons driving trucks on Shagawa!!! confused.gif

Sooner or later one will go down. crazy.gif

Only thing that will save them is the snow and slush is too deep to drive anyplace!!

The bite on Shagawa has slowed down alot this week. I think the traditional "early ice hot bite on Shagawa" might be over with. Almost all of the Walleyes this year have been tiny anyways!

I will keep ya posted!

Justin

GO, r u the new owner of the the great outdoors in town? I saw it forsale a few months back. That's the best bait shop in town.

Quote:

The bite on Shagawa has slowed down alot this week. I think the traditional "early ice hot bite on Shagawa" might be over with. Almost all of the Walleyes this year have been tiny anyways!

I will keep ya posted!

Justin

Cool thanks for the update, then sandy pt should be working just about now if the ditch is done. Let me know, good luck!

FT, GO is the old and current owner of Great Oudoors, and is he ever OLD! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Just kidding! He sells you bait by the dozen or by the scoop and as an old Finn doesn't know how to count to 12. And then he tells you where to go. He even makes and sells candles for the foo-foo chick crowd. What more can you ask for in a bait shop? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

FireTigers

I be the first, last, and only owner of the GO.

Built it, and opened for business in spring of 1985.

Put it up for sale a year and a half ago, just a hobby for me now.

As for the Foo Foo candles, stfcatfish's favorite is "Midnight in Winton." laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

PS-As far as you making the statement that "it's the best bait shop in town" only proves to me that you are a man of keen insight, with an IQ of 175, at the minimum!! cool.gif

Quote:

As for the Foo Foo candles, stfcatfish's favorite is "Midnight in Winton."
laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif What does that smell like???? The men's room at WLS after karaoke night???? HaHaHaHa!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

PS-As far as you making the statement that "it's the best bait shop in town" only proves to me that you are a man of keen insight, with an IQ of 175, at the minimum!!
cool.gif

smirk.gif I really don't even know where to start with this comment...sheesh!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Justin

Looks like the second and third replies covered it.

Lotta slush, lotta snow, fishing slowed down. mad.gif

Nuff said, Big Boy! smile.gif

So no one should fish Shag, because it's a bit of hard work. And no one should buy bait at GO, because Shag is a bit of hard work. Got it, big boy.

The bite has slowed down. I went out again last night and it was slow again. It always seems to slow down out there after the full moon in December. Its always good right up to full then whammo! Game Over. I noticed this phenomenon about 3 years ago and it has happened every year. Going to try it again tonight, then I may be trying some different lakes after that. Getting kinda bored and in need of some new scenery!

Justin

Well, I have to say that I was skunked on Shag this weekend. I wanted to go out on olson bay but there was a lot of slush so I had to settle for sandy point. I kinda wonder about the mindset of the guys driving out there. They were really flying across the ice. I wasn't seeing more than 9in of ice out there.

I did get some tullibies and perch in Bear Island Lake. We were fishing in the shallow part going into the Bear Island River.

Don't feel bad Deadeye...The fishing has been terrible out there the past 5 days and today especially!!! Those guys driving out there are completely out of their minds. I also like how they drive about 50 mph out there. Somebody is going to drive through this year, I just know it.

Take care,

Justin

Quote:

... I also like how they drive about 50 mph out there. Somebody is going to drive through this year, I just know it.

Take care,

Justin

I think their logic is that if/when the ice breaks they will be going fast enough to skip over the water. grin.gif