Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Cheeser

Ice on Little Mac?

Cheeser

anybody know how the ice is on Little MacDonald? Heading up to see my Dad this weekend and was thinking of checking out my old 'hunny hole'...

I know it's always one of the last to freeze over...

Also, where is the aeriator now? I remember it used to be on the south side...

--Mark

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Tom Sawyer
       that reminds me the batteries on that GPS tracker hid somewhere on your truck are running low. The red blinking light on the base unit here at home, sure has been annoying. Can't believe it showed you were out fishing in the wind, close to home anyway, today. 
    • kelly-p
      Upper Red nears record winter harvest Ice fishing on Upper Red Lake has slowed in recent weeks, but the walleye harvest is on track to set or approach a wintertime record, numbers from an annual winter creel survey show. According to Henry Drewes, regional fisheries supervisor for the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources in Bemidji, anglers through January had kept about 125,000 pounds of walleyes. The wintertime high for Minnesota's portion of the lake was slightly more than 140,000 pounds in 2015, DNR statistics show. Anglers harvested 109,327 pounds of walleyes in the winter of 2017, according to DNR creel survey results. "If we have an average February, we'll be right in that area" of 140,000 pounds, Drewes said. "Catch rates and pressure have really tapered off in the last (few weeks). I think that's related to winter fatigue and a slower bite." Wheel houses, which have exploded in popularity among winter anglers in recent years, now account for more than 80 percent of the ice fishing pressure on Upper Red, Drewes said. Anglers on Upper Red can keep four walleyes, of which only one can be longer than 17 inches. Walleye and northern pike season on Upper Red and other Minnesota inland waters closes Sunday, Feb. 25 and reopens Saturday, May 12. The Minnesota DNR manages 48,000 acres of Upper Red, while the remaining 72,000 acres are within the boundary of the Red Lake Indian Reservation and managed by the Red Lake Band of Chippewa. -- Brad Dokken Grand Forks Herald
    • monstermoose78
      Same for me on Green by Princeton once it got dark the fish started biting. I was marking them and only had 4 bites while the sun was up. 
    • JBMasterAngler
      Was on North Center yesterday. Crappies were easy to find, but they would not bite for nothing! Somehow coaxed 2 into biting, so I avoided the skunkaroo. The vexilar began to light up more, and the fish began to move up and down the column a little bit more as evening progressed. So maybe, the bite would have picked up as the sun went down. However, by then, the kids were ready to leave, so maybe I’ll find out next time. On a side note, this was by far the thickest ice I’ve drilled through (30 to 32 inches) with my ion in the 3 years I’ve had it. Was impressed. 
    • Knowknot
      Great video Curt, for as much of it that I could see. Keep up the good work, and one question, Are there any live emerald shiners around the Baudette area to be had, or just frozen ones?
    • eyeguy 54
      Its a little stiffer than my titanium spring boober and much more sensitive.  I like it  better than the 27 inch ul ticklestick. Only used 3 and 4 mm jigs so far. Thumbs up from me. 
    • Troy Smutka
      2/18/18     Got out on an area lake an hour before sunrise Saturday. Got a bunch of crappies until they slowed about 9 am. Most between 9.5 and 11 inches. Sunfish started biting about sunrise and bit all morning. Half of them were 8 to 8.5 inches. Most of the rest were 7 to 7.5 inches. Kept two meals of fish--released the rest. 1/32 ounce VMC Tungsten Tubbies tipped with a single wax worm or two red Eurolarvae fished just above some weeds in thirteen feet of water caught fish after fish. Lots of good ice on area lakes. Even though walleyes and pike close in just over a week and wheel houses can't stay out unattended soon, still a lot of good ice fishing for panfish to come. Will have plenty of ice for a while, so get out and enjoy the peace and quiet and fast crappie and sunfish action that March will bring. Good luck, and I will see you out there somewhere.
    • IceHawk
      Had a chance to rub shoulders and fish with some of the ice team guys today. Great bunch of guys we had some good laughs and of course discussed plenty about fishing. Even shared a few hotspots. The hands on they give the people that sign up for this event is absolutely amazeing! From hands on to tips on everything to do to make your day on the ice way more productive. From what I witnessed it would be well worth the investment to sign up for one of there events , if you are new to fishing or heck even a seasoned angler.  Fished with one guy from Nebraska said he has done 5 of these events and has enjoyed everyone of them.  Fun day for sure 
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Royce, how’s the sensitivity Is the tip soft like a tickle stick and how’s quality seem? About same price as a tickle stick I see may have to try one for next season. If It passes with flying colors do you it must be good! Tough day for me not much happening went from about 8-29 FOW and just nothing. Found perch in about 19 but even they seemed finicky and would only hit the dead stick. A bit windy on the lake today to!
    • The Chemist
      Yes that would be the one. A friend of mine sent it to me. The guy who got it is a friend of his nephew. 
  • Share & Have Fun