Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeking19

pulaski report 12/25

30 posts in this topic

went out to pulaski with 4 other guys. only caught two northerns from 3-6:30. tried everything we had in out tacklebox. nothing would bite.

WalleyeKing,

I was out there too last night. Where were you at? How deep?

I mananged to get one 19 incher, I missed two others on my tip up. I was in 33 FOW using fathead and plain red hook.

Beatiful night for fishing, fish or no fish.

i was only in 22FOW. i went out again tonight and caught 3 northerns ranging from 15-25in. lost another fish halfway up.

Was looking to go up to pulaski was wondering where to go and depth to fish in never been there before. The info would very helpful, thanx

i would try 25-30 FOW or just find a crowd of people and plop down in the middle of them.

How thick is your ice on Pulaski. I have only found about 10". But I may have a short ruler. How far are you from the public access?

I was finding 12-13" of ice off the landing to the north as of yesterday. Drilled holes anywhere from 14' to 45'.

there were about 14" of ice where i have my permanent.

Bass_Bully What north access are you talking about? The only public access is on the so8uth side of Pulaski.

Jim, I think he was going out of the south access and drilled his holes to the north of it. At least thats what I took him to mean.

Your right K Dawg. Out of the south access and heading towards the north...

K Dawg, you fishing with the small croup of houses to the northwest? This year is the most houses I have seen on Pulaski in the 5years I have lived in Buffalo.

No. I don't think being in with the crowd helps your chances. I found my own spot. Its crazy how many houses are out there this year. I'll be out this aft.

k dawg...mind sharing what depths have been working for you...I live just east of the lake and was thinking of trying tomorrow afternoon...thanks!

Dave, want to shoot me an email. I'll help you out.

email in signature.

Fished little pulaski the other nite, not a single bite, marked very little. Lots of houses have left the bay.

little pulaski seems to be a very good early ice spot. then it dies down fast.

Quote:

This year is the most houses I have seen on Pulaski in the 5years I have lived in Buffalo.

Jim that was about the same thought I had when I drove by the access the other day. I'm trying to decide if thats because the ice formed real nice out there or if there's a lot of new people to Pulaski this year.

Most of the guys are fishing 35-45ft of water. Sound like not being caught from what I have seen.

Is it ok to drive out there?

I'd be very carefull. Some smaller vehicles are out their, but their are some iffy spots....

The lake is fine to drive on. Stay on the roads and you'll be OK. I drove around the entire shoreling with no problems. One spot, west side, just south of West Pulaski Park, there's a spring there. Stay away from shore in that area.

I have seen alot of people driving out there. Most spots I have found at least 14" of good ice. Be very carefull though. That lake has springs.

Any eyes being pulled lately? I haven't heard much from the mighty pulaski in a while.

I was out last Sunday night and did horrible, I was out by that sunken Island about a quarter mile north of the landing. I went all around it anywhere from 12-24' but found nothing. I am having [PoorWordUsage] luck this year on the ice!!!! Everywhere!!