• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

washington / stella ?

Washington was on fire for about two weeks starting December 1. Went out every night for a week and caught about 4-5 a night. Threw back most of them and kept some for a meal a couple of the nights.

I have heard that Stella has been producing some fish, but I have went there a couple of times and caught nothing but 6 inch walleyes. I was rather disappointed!

Thanks FallFever. I've been checkin the lakes in kandy-county. maybe I'll head over thataway. went to Green today saw alot of eyes on aquavu no takers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to mention the ice thickness. I can only vouch for the areas of the lake that I was on, but here they are:

Washington - 12-14" by Sportsmans Park

Stella - A solid 14" in Creamery Bay out to the Fingers

Where on Stella is creamery bay. I have heard it mentioned before but am unsure as to where it is.

Iceseeker

I am assuming its by the only creamery on the lake. Right by the creek to Manuella. Hutchinson has officially become part of the metro suburbs now that we have "names" for sections of out lakes. LOL

Yes, there is an old creamery on the Southeast corner of the lake that was converted into a house. There is a private landing there in an RV campground where you access the bay.

ive been out on the north side of washinton and ive caught 7 15" walleyes and a 24" walleye and alot of 12 to 15 in crappies there in 10 feet of water to 13 feet purple jigs work best with waxworms for crappies and crappie monnows for the walleyes

Quote:

ive been out on the north side of washinton and ive caught 7 15" walleyes and a 24" walleye and alot of 12 to 15 in crappies there in 10 feet of water to 13 feet purple jigs work best with waxworms for crappies and crappie monnows for the walleyes

I'll believe that when me **** turns purple and smells like strawberry cherbert. Sorry Fred, I couldnt resist. That's a lot of info, tryin to keep folks off your real spot I'm guessing?

If not, thanks for sharing.

Does anyone have any other ice reports other than fallfever for different areas on these two lakes? I'm lookin' to try one or the other out but before I make the trip I'd like to know if I will be able to drive out with my 1/2 ton pickup. I'd maybe be looking at driving out from Ellsworth's landing. Thanks!

I personally have not went out of the public landing and it has been about two weeks since I have fished Washington so I cannot say one way or the other. I do know there are springs in Washington and not all areas of the ice may be consistent. As a matter of fact a truck went through about two weeks ago when some kids where driving around checking for crappies. They were out of their truck and where they drilled their holes had 12" of ice but where their truck was parked was on 2" apperently. Don't ask me how they had time to get out of the truck and drill holes before the truck went through? I guess I am just saying that I personally would not drive a truck out there any time of year. Just my two cents.

I was out on Washington on Friday and there were trucks and perms all over the place. We had about 13" of good ice. Fishing was great, nice crappies and walleyes. Not going to be so particular on lure color or location but we did use short rods wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

I'll believe that when me **** turns purple and smells like strawberry cherbert. Sorry Fred, I couldnt resist. That's a lot of info, tryin to keep folks off your real spot I'm guessing?

If not, thanks for sharing.

Fine don't trust me but if you want to catch fish that would be the place to go

For all you guys that want your **** to turn purple here is what you do. Eat half a box of fruity pebbles and wait about 12-18 hrs(sometimes less), it always does the trick for me. grin.gif

As far as smelling like strawberry sherbet, I would just get an air freshener.

Now you can all go fishing, as long as the fruity pebbles is done taking effect.

Hester

• 1 month later...

Bump, thinkn of headin there in the am for a few days with the perm. Anybody offer any insight as far as what areas of the lake to avoid? Lookn on the GPS it showing a 5 foot hump pretty much center of the lake, how is the transition from gravel to mud on the easterly and ne side of the middle?

Was out on Washington Saturday evening (didn't get there until 5:30, [PoorWordUsage]!) and ended up with 1 keeper eye. Awful positive I drove by a better spot onto my final destination though.......

Got set-up yesterday in 16 fow and marked alot of fish all day and into the evening. Lots of small perch mostly with 2 eye's around 16 in. being the only ones to make it in the pail. Missed a few others that would pull down about 6-8 in, and then let it go. No luck jiggin, all came on small crappie jigs with crappie minnows. Didnt seem to find a preference in color. What a great day to be out though, temps were just rite to make it comfortable to stand outside. Not many ppl fishin out there yesterday.

That old brown creamery used to be named the town of CASEY. I used to be able to buy minnows there years ago.

A good friend of mine has family that own the land around the north end of lake casey, well according to him the dnr had used it as a rearing pond some years back. Has anyone ever heard this also? Just curious if it would be worth checkn out?

I have heard that about casey lake also. Do you know if the approach on the west side (across from that old gravel pit) is public or private?

I was told that was private, but im not 100% sure. If memory serves me rite i seen posted signs around the gravel pit last fall when i was up there doing some work on her house, but again Im not sure about the west side. I think if you were to go ask for permission from the lady on the north side though, she would not have a problem letting a respectable person enter from her property.

Hey Bucknduck, I used to duck hunt that same farm property you are talking about. Thats some nice land that lady owns. And yes, there are fish in there.

Hester

I thought I saw minnow traps in there last summer. Is it the same lake I'm thinking about? The little round one about a quarter mile from the waterfowl production area.?