• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Demontreville/Olson Ice Info

BobS_Rogers

I know that Demontreville and Olson Lakes have a ton of sunnies (mostly dinks) in them and would like to take my son there on his first hardwater outing (he is getting is own ice fishing gear for Christmas tomorrow), but do not want to make the trip if the ice is not safe. Anybody been out there recently that can give me an ice report. Last time we were there (summer time) he got bored catching the sunnies there were so many. They are not keepers, but fun for a kid to catch and keep him busy. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bob

went by there last week, saw quite a few portables out from the boat launch. guessing maybe 5in+ of ice there or so...

I measured almost eight around most spots on Friday, which were straight out from the boat launch. There was a little car out there but I wouldn't drive out there. You should put up a tip up to you might get a couple northern's.

Thanks for the info everyone. We are heading out tomorrow morning. I will be sure to post what we catch...

Bob

Well we got out for about 2.5 hours this morning from about 10:30 till 1. My son had a great time catching a bunch of small bluegill (30-40 between the three of us), and I caught one slab crappie (12"). It was a great time. There was 12"-15" of ice in the spots that we drilled. No cars on the ice, but a couple of atv's and a snowmobile.

Also, I got to try out my new Fish TV underwater camera. Now I have never used one of the other cameras, so I cannot commare, but this camera worked great! We saw hundereds of fish (bluegills, crappies, northerns, bass and even a perch). The picture was crystal clear and it was very cool to see a fish suck in my lure for the first time ever. I cannot wait to try it out on Independence or Mille Lacs. The fish never seemed spooked by the camera, in fact there were numerous times where they bumped it as they swam past.

All in all a great trip.