Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryan johnson

another piggy..

10 posts in this topic

here's one from sunday..man was it breezy..little over 30"

4tthmasterdec2307005kr7.jpg

Ryan:

That is a beauty! What do you have for ice depth up there?

WG

Congrats on a very nice eye. That had to be alot of fun. Any story to it or bait used?

Good fish Ryan.

HL, the bite is very consistant and the patterns are simple at this time. Main presentations consists of a wide range of jigging type lures. Lead heads, lead heads jigs with rattles and or blades attached. I have been enjoying great results fishing lures such as Northland's "Buck Shot" Rattles.....their "New" Red/black Glo tipped with a salty has been hot!

story..uhh well was caught in 22 feet of water on a pink whistler ji..it was caught about 7-8 feet off the bottom..salted minnows as per ususal..

Another nice one! Man, I sure wish I could sneak up there for a few days. Duties call at home right now though. I'm hoping for a trip up in March!

Yeps, Red RIver is one of the best Walleyes area in MN...

Grapelike clusters or single warty growths? (Walleye dermal sarcoma or lymphocystis)

Nice fish!

How about sunflower shells from the floor?

HAHA! Sunflower Seeds! Now I know my next fishing buddy! (My other buddy says he knows when I've been in his boat and fish house based on the sunflower seed hulls)

Heckuva fish.