Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

ryan johnson

here's one from sunday..man was it breezy..little over 30"

4tthmasterdec2307005kr7.jpg

WalleyeGod

Ryan:

That is a beauty! What do you have for ice depth up there?

WG

harvey lee

Congrats on a very nice eye. That had to be alot of fun. Any story to it or bait used?

Catmendo

Good fish Ryan.

HL, the bite is very consistant and the patterns are simple at this time. Main presentations consists of a wide range of jigging type lures. Lead heads, lead heads jigs with rattles and or blades attached. I have been enjoying great results fishing lures such as Northland's "Buck Shot" Rattles.....their "New" Red/black Glo tipped with a salty has been hot!

ryan johnson

story..uhh well was caught in 22 feet of water on a pink whistler ji..it was caught about 7-8 feet off the bottom..salted minnows as per ususal..

Scoot

Another nice one! Man, I sure wish I could sneak up there for a few days. Duties call at home right now though. I'm hoping for a trip up in March!

MidCoast

Yeps, Red RIver is one of the best Walleyes area in MN...

Scott M

Grapelike clusters or single warty growths? (Walleye dermal sarcoma or lymphocystis)

Nice fish!

Heartman

How about sunflower shells from the floor?

Scott M

HAHA! Sunflower Seeds! Now I know my next fishing buddy! (My other buddy says he knows when I've been in his boat and fish house based on the sunflower seed hulls)

Heckuva fish.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• JerkinLips
      9-11am was best time both days.
    • littlebear
      If you are willing to go a little further into Canada, I would recommend Hollinshead Resort, a few hours north of Thunder Bay.  The resort is the only one on the lake, and in June offers excellent Walleye Fishing, as well as some dandy Northern Pike.  It's somewhere you can drive to as well. 
    • monstermoose78
      Caught 20-23 gills and 6 crappies. Fun day on the 10 inches of ice. The whole lake was close to the same where I cut all the holes out and around
    • Wanderer
      I’m still seeing very random thicknesses all over.  In the past few days I’ve been from St. Cloud to Winnie and have seen vehicles on the ice and open water on the same lake. I’m in Little Falls.  Tonight I checked 2 lakes NW of town.  Both had people fishing.  One looked to be safe for wheeler travel and the other, very near it, still had an open lead and you could see the difference between the first sheet of ice and the second. I hope it doesn’t get covered with snow anytime soon so we can still tell where the changes are. Be safe. Bring floatation and picks.  And don’t drive yet! Ruh ro....
    • Bigfatbert
        Nice fish , great pics ,, what times of the day were best for you ?        
    • KidMoe
      I was on a small north metro lake today and found between 2.5 and 4 inches. One of the spud bar holes I punched started spewing water up so definitely needs a little more time. 
    • trebormorgan
      I was out on Round Lake last night (12/9/17) for the first time of the year. I was very surprised to see 12 inches of ice. I checked a few other holes and found anywhere from 11-12 inches. Keep in mind, I was about 300 yds out from the southeast shoreline. I’m not sure if it’s consistent across the middle of the lake. I only saw one group with a snowmobile. All other groups walked out, at least where was.  Anyone have any reports for ice thickness on other lakes in the area?
    • Billy G
      Alot of open water pockets on bigger lakes still, some people out on cannon on 3 inches about 60 yards or less from shore. 
    • sartellangler05
      Called baitshop, he said people are going out from beach and a couple houses out. Wouldn't say how much ice. Who's got an ice depth?
    • Mike89
      awesome fish!!!!  see ya in March!!