Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Barnster56

Bebee

13 posts in this topic

Was out Sunday Night from 2 until 8pm. Snowin and Blowin like crazy and only caught 2 15" walters. Still plenty of slushy spots, mostly by the shore. I was Just out side the east bay in 18'fow. There was a good 10" to 11" of ice. I'll still ride out on my wheeler and wait till i see someone else drive there truck out. wink.gif

There was a f-150 driving on the lake wed night. We tried a different spot on the west side of the island in 9 fow and caught 1 small crappie.

Was out tonight south of the island, only caught 1 small perch. Fished in any where from 10-18 FOW. Really slow out there.

I know the fish tend to move toward the NE part of the lake the closer to ice-out you get. If I were to get back out again, I would fish around that point on the NE side of the lake. good luck! smile.gif

I have seen all the houses in the NE bay. I always want to try something new. I may go back out to the slew of houses, and try it next time.

Anything new for today (12/30)? Headed out in the early AM with my 7yr old.

Would you recommend the NE fishing village? grin.gif

I would try the NE bay. I have only had a few around the island. I have tried the S side, and the W side of the island. Out of the 2 times I was out, only a few small perch, and 2 walleyes

On Sat in that group of houses in the NE bay, My buddy and his son caught plenty of pan fish. Most were throw backs but the action was steady.I was just S of the bay and caught a few perch and 2 14" wallys. I've moved around to a few spots, and I'm marking fish but can't getem to bite. crazy.gif

Thanks!

Will give it a whirl and leave a report.

I was out the day after Christmas, just south of the island in about 14'-12'. Caught about 10 small perch (too small to keep) about 1-2 hours before dark, then it died off quick. I also saw that Ford on the ice. I only had about 10" of ice, so I still think it's a little early, but hey, someone has to be first.

Got out a little later than I wanted. Fished amongst all the houses. The crappies were stacked up 3-5 feet off of the bottom. Worked hard and found a few agressive fish, enough for appetizers! By 9:30AM or so the crappies had moved on. Moved to the break east of the island and caught a 3.5" perch....woohoo! wink.gif

Rather than wait 4 hours for the bite, going deer hunting as its the last day of the season! grin.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Got out to Beebe last night with nothing to report. 13 FOW and no fish. Oh well, I'll just have to try again this weekend.

me and my buddy went out the other day. fish the same bay everyone else does... so many houses stack up in the bay it's rediculous. fished 12' fOW, got out there around 4 and the gills were biting constantly with the occasional crappie passing through. sun went down and it was about 6:00 and the crappies came in to stay. couldn't keep our lines in the water. used a gemNeye glow red wit a crappie minnow and bobber, then jigged wit euro larvae. by 7:00 the bite was over, caught a bunch of small crappies and we kept a dozen 9" crappies and 6 big 10"s (once they get to 10 inches they sure get fat!), and we kept the biggest sunny i've seen out of beebe! a pleasing night out there i must say.