Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_King48

wheel house and diesel

7 posts in this topic

Where should i go??? Any resorts that cater to wheel houses?? Coming up at the end of the month.

Anybody????

Well I have a f250 diesel and a 20' wheelhouse... I'm not planning on setting it on the lake for 2 more weeks. I want a consistant 16" of ice before I take that amount of weight on it. The reports are 12-18" of ice. I don't want to find out if the 12" areas will hold my truck... Lots of snow on the lake so when off the main road, the ice thickness varies depending on the snow depth.

Kelly and Jon still haven't taken their heavier (incl. diesel) plow trucks out on the lake. They are still relegated to the old gas f250 reg. cab plow truck and Ranger pick-ups... plus the wheel houses are putting all their weight on a smaller footprint as opposed to a skid house when traversing the ice sheet.

You may want to call Hillman's or any of the other resorts and ask them if they are allowing heavier diesels out yet... I'm thinking as of now, they are recommending 1/2 tons only, but it may be "your call". They all allow wheelhouses, so that won't be an issue.

Best I can give you...

Good Luck!

Ken

Are we getting close to thick enough yet? I have a 3/4 ton diesel and a 16 ft camper conversion. I want to take my son up Jan 11-14. It will be my first time with a wheel house and I don't want it to be my last. Thanks

what do you think you truck and fish house weight??

Went out of JR's this weekend with a 3/4 ton diesel and 20' dreamshak. only went out about 1mile very little flooding, and it was all froze in the morning.

went out of hillmans on mon. 3 1/2 miles with a 3/4 ton duramax and a 24 foot house no problem and very little water on top. you should be good to go.