Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AaronM

H2Oc Won't Read Chips!

5 posts in this topic

I just received a H2Oc for Christmas, but it won't read either the Navionics or Lakemaster Chips I put in. I'm up on Lake of the Woods and both chips include it, but after the chips are put in, no details or contours of the lake show up. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks for any help..

Make sure you go into map data and chose the correct region. If you dont see a little black chip on the bottom right corner flashing I think you got a lemon. I had my 1st unit not read maps at all. Got my new h2oc and its fine.

Most often its people not knowing what region the lake they are on is in.

Do you see any outline of the lake at all?

if you dont have the lake of the woods lakemaster chip the minnesota lakemaster doesn't have it on it..as for navionics as north said you need to have your unit reconize the chip in the map data area in the menu and it has to be in the advanced mode to bring up the map data if its in the easy mode it wont display the map data so you have to turn on advanced mode..then have to reconize what region you want i believe there are 5 or 6 regions...

For LOW you will want to select the Northeast section of Minnesota on the Navionics. I'm not familiar with the lakemaster chips. When the unit is reading the chip, a small image of a chip should be flashing in the bottom right corner of the screen on the map page.

Thanks a lot for the replies! It turns out the the Navionics chip was on the wrong section. Thanks again and merry Christmas!