Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigtimeelectric

rush lake vehicle thru

6 posts in this topic

I heard one went thru yesterday! just looking for the inside scoop!

I heard it on the radio this mornin...middle of the lake, everyone-2 guys were ok.

I'm on the north east side of Rush by the St. Lawrence access, where did they go through? We have had about 12 inches of ice. Thanks

The news reports state it was in the middle of the lake. I know, that does not narrow it down much.

The ice is still not all that good, folks. The majority is ok for sled traffic, it seems, but there are some spots that still give me the creeps.

I live on a small lake, under 1000 acres. It has about a foot of ice on it. In fact, I saw a F150 out on the 'community spot' this afternoon. He might be ok, as lots of holes have been drilled in that area, and it pretty much consolidated the slushy stuff into ice pack. I don't know if I'd risk a vehicle yet, though.

When I was returning home on my sled, I went across several slush fields, some quite deep. I also noted a what looked to be wash out holes in them. These were small circles of dark water that looked to go all the way through. I gave them a wide berth.

I have never seen such variable ice this late into December.

I would agree, thanks!!!

People have been driving trucks out there for more than 2 weeks now. I am suprised no one has gone in earlier. Those guys are lucky to be OK