• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crappies?

tinytimknobsp3

Hey hows it going? looking for a high action crappie lake. I dont care if they are small, but has anyone had luck this year on lakes around here: maybe lotus, minnewashta,tonka, etc. Any help would be appreciated. and merry christmas.

Definently Lotus in Chan! You want to fish off Carver Beach in about 15-20 FOW, you will see all the holes drilled in the area. I have been out there a few nights this winter and have done great on crappie from 7"-10" even a few eyes towards evening! Give me a shout for more info @ [email protected]

I agree with Pikeguy, you cant go wrong going to lotus. You can have all the crappies you want there, but most of them tend to be pretty small. If you pick through them you might be able to get a few keepers. The carver beach area is always a good spot and that is where a lot of people fish. The parking lot only holds about 5-6 cars so you better get there early. You never know there either you might get a few bonus eyes while fishing for crappie's.

Thanks PikeGuy and Bassboy i will definately give it another try there soon i went there about two weeks ago and had a pretty solid bite most of them were small and almost all were sunnies i must have been doing something wrong because sunnies kept on coming up the whole and very few crappies i had a fathead on a pink jig and a waxworm on a little ice hook and i was mainly fishing on the bottom should i be doing something different?

Typically the crappies were coming in suspended about three feet off the bottom and the sunnies were sticking tight to the bottom and werent really following things up the water column. Next time you go try staying off the bottom a few feet and see if you can get any of those suspending crappies to bite. We were catching the crappies on both waxies and fatheads, but a couple of positives with the fatheads is that the smaller sunnies tend not to bite them as much and sometimes you can pick up a few bonus eyes.