Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BreakTheBank

Wheel House

5 posts in this topic

We put the 16 foot wheel house out with a 4 wheeler last night. We put off one of the points south of Garrison in 17 fow and was able to find 13" of ice so we should stay afloat. Fished last night and there were plenty of perch but they didnt want to eat. Did catch a 25" walleye and a slimmy eel pout. It was great to get on the big pond!

That sounds awesome!slimmy eel pout and all.......good luck and be careful.Merry ChristmasC63 grin.gif

How many times did you get stuck and did you slush out.

Thanks Mike

Some nice fella plowed a road in Wigwam Bay out around the North point but we did drive through 4" of water in two spots. After that we had a plow so we avoided the slush but you had 8" in one spot and twenty feet away you had 13".

Yea the only reason I brought it up was if you are not on a road to where you want to go you are not going to pull a wheel house there with any atv. I was out this past week and could not travel anywhere without encountering some obstacle or another mostly crusted snow that you would eventually break through and have to shovel out of. Slush pockets and drifts were also a bit of a problem. After setting the house flooding can be an issue depending upon the depth of ice you are set up on. 10+ seemed to be the non flooding number for me 6.5x12 house